Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Focus screen problems

I noticed on my K-x that the focus screen gets blurred around the sides / edges. Is that normal? Looks like you have to focus in the center to get it right.

04-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Doesn't sound normal to me, unless you're trying to focus with a very slow lens, or a stopped down m42 lens, or something. If there's not enough light getting through, it makes focusing properly next to impossible.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the issue could be. If the focusing screen were out of alignment, one side would likely be worse than the others, and the center would be affected, too.
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Could you explain more about what you mean? if you are just saying that when the center of a picture is in focus, the edges are not, that would hardly be unusual. Are you saying that even when the edges are in focus - which you have verified by taking the picture and examining the reaulting image - that the edges look blurry in the viewfinder? If so, then that suggests your focus screen may be damaged.
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The photos came out sharp on the edge. But when I looked in the viewfinder the side looked fuzzy somewhat. Will have to do some more experiments. Do focus screens get out of alignment?

04-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would have to bend in order to get out of alignment in the way you suggest. Try focusing in the center, then moving the point where you focused to the edge of the viewfinder, without refocusing. Is it still in focus? Also try to get in focus manually something at the edge of the viewfinder.