Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Been awhile, any good news on Pentax??? LX Digital???

not really sure if this has been brought up before, if it did, please let me know, thanks.

Here it goes:

Retro looking cameras are coming out like crazy, Fuji, Olympus...

Is Pentax having any plans to introduce digital version of the LX????????

I will buy one in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Any good inputs?????????

04-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nobody knows. What we do know is that a full-frame is quite likely being developed, and if this is true, we'll see it in the coming year.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would love to have a Digital LX, I know tons of pro Nikon and Canon shooters still shoot with their Pentax LX...
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
:: Goes to check on this mythological status Pentax ::

EDIT: Came back with this

I'm impressed! Pentax first to sell 10 million SLRs

04-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The DLX is a great idea!
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anything digital stuffed into a frame the size of the LX would be a serious compromise in features, external controls and quality, most of the retro stuff is meant to compete with high end Point and shoots not pro level slr cameras which is what the LX is. A DLX would be an insult to the LX.

That said, if they could make a magic camera of holding that somehow fit all the guts of a FF pro dslr I would be first in line.
04-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love a digital back for the LX. And save me from all the featurerama of DSLRs. I prefer my tools to be simple and reliable. Self explanatory like a hammer or a knife. And durable in the sense: Pick up a hammer made in the stone-age and use it to drive a nail into a board today. This is why I love my `54 Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/50 T with twelve blades preset aperture and my `64 Super-Takumar 1.4/50 so much.
I do realize that the digital era demands compromises to this philosophy, but find that the DSLRs are leaving the basic principle of single-lens reflex cameras and are changing into something (the K5 > non-dslr K-01) that is not as attractive to the photographer and the idea of being able to see your image through an optical view finder before the photo is taken. There are two SLRs that I have worked with and prefer to others and they are the Pentax LX and the Nikon FE2. Why even clutter things with auto-focus? Lets have a more simple DSLR without that. Hand to eye coordination is a wonderful human ability.

Last edited by jt_cph_dk; 04-22-2012 at 11:16 PM.
04-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
I would love a digital back for the LX. And save me from all the featurerama of DSLRs.
Nice, but sadly too few of us seem to agree to make a worthwhile market.
04-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

DLX sounds like some rapper's name, and LXD sounds too close to a certain prohibited drug. Nonetheless, it must be a fantastic camera, if that's the one they're developing. *puts sunglasses on*
04-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm addicted to LXD.
04-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hope Ricoh sees this thread and seriously consider to put this into major consideration... I mean Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Fujifilm X-Pro1 are definitely looking great and performing very well as well. Maybe D-LX would be a serious contender, I am not a technician, if they can fit a full-frame sensor in that body, or even an APS-C D-LX would be great... I WOULD BUY ONE IN A HEART BEAT!!!
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Well there are strong rumours of a FF coming. and this is the 60th anniversary of Asahi Pentax SLRs (LX) pair that with the history of the LX being used as to signify special events and there is a strong reason to believe a FF may well be called an LXD and pay tribute to the LX. but to truly pay tribute it will have to be larger to accommodate the electronics we would expect (like SR for instance and a good perhaps tilting screen)

Lots of us have speculated on an LXD coming out . If it doesn't arrive until next year but is announced this year it even holds with the history of the original LX which arrived a year later than the anniversary it denoted
04-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Let the wishing and waiting games begin!!! I am ready to buy!
04-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
60th anniversary of Asahi Pentax SLRs (LX)
May, 2012 will be the 60th anniversary of the ebut of the Asahiflex reflex camera - the first commercially viable reflex. LX was issues in 1980. commemorating the 60th anniversary of Asahi Optical Co. in 1979.

lD-lLX
04-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
May, 2012 will be the 60th anniversary of the ebut of the Asahiflex reflex camera - the first commercially viable reflex. LX was issues in 1980. commemorating the 60th anniversary of Asahi Optical Co. in 1979.

lD-lLX
and given the LX actually arrived in 1981 then the LXD arriving in May of 2013 for the 2012 anniversary is about right