Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Tokina Teleconverter

I have a 2x Tokina Teleconverter that i have back from my manual and A lens days. My question is weather it will work only on a manual lens or an "A" lens with the A turned off. I want to use it with my K10D but obviously, it won't work with any lens where you can't manually set the F/stop on the lens. I tried to go to full manual with the K10D but of course it would not adjust my aperature and I am not sure the aperature in the viewfinder is indeed the aperature that the lens is set at. Any comments/suggestions.

01-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
I have a 2x Tokina Teleconverter that i have back from my manual and A lens days. My question is weather it will work only on a manual lens or an "A" lens with the A turned off. I want to use it with my K10D but obviously, it won't work with any lens where you can't manually set the F/stop on the lens. I tried to go to full manual with the K10D but of course it would not adjust my aperature and I am not sure the aperature in the viewfinder is indeed the aperature that the lens is set at. Any comments/suggestions.
On the K10D, the converter might turn your lens into a standard K mount, but in that case, you switch to manual exposure. Set the f/stop you want to start at, then hold the depth of field preview on the power switch to the right. The exposure "error" will be displayed in the viewfinder and on the top LCD in the standard -3..0..+3 scale, just like the AE compensation. If this does not happen, you need to enable the use of the f/stop ring in the menus.

[Menu] [C Custom Setting] [Using Aperture Ring] [2 Permitted]

Enjoy!
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
If your teleconverter was capable of working fully with your A lenses on a film body, and by fully I mean using the camera body to adjust apature as opposed to setting it on the lens. then it will work this way also on the K10D. Providing the lens is in the AE position.

you can check this by simply looking at the mount. If there are 6 contacts in the face of the mount, it will pass all the minimum and maximum apature information, plus the setting of the AE (on the apature ring) to the camera.

If there are no contacts, it will only work by setting the lens manually.

It should even work with a lens that has no apature ring providing it has the 6 contacts