Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Which bodies are destined to become cult favorites?

Crystal ball time! Which DSLR will be the next K1000 or MX?

The problem with cult favorites, of course, is that they are generally defined by their utterly lackluster replacements. Not always, but it definitely happens.

Here's my totally pessimistic (though facetious) prediction: the K20D is a slow, ugly beast that randomly deletes files and bursts into flames, forever dooming the Pentax brand. Decades from now, beat-to-hell K10D's sells for thousands on the used market and fanatical, slightly deranged Pentaxians bemoan the current state of 10 gigapixel cameras with 800 fps, ISO 25600, and brain wave-reading predictive AF.

Who's with me?

01-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
that *istD/variant has already met the obligations.. K10D seems to be an up-and-comer.. who knows?

IMO, doesn't matter much but, do you buy FF Limited Lenses or, do you buy the much cheaper DA limited lenses?

I suspect that Pentax will go full roundhouse and honor the fashion/commercial folks too and bring out a FF camera.. So, spend the $2K for the FF Limited vs. the $1k for the APS Limited.. At least the aforementioned will work on NEW, down the road gear!!!
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Forum Member

I had a reply based off the subject line.

But then I started reading the rest...
01-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, since "smokey" didn't say it, I will. I can think of a few bodies that are destined to become cult favorites, but absolutely none of them have anything to do with DSLR's.

stewart