Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

firmware 1.3 problems

hi im new to pentax forums. hope someone can help. i have recently purchased a K10D and am still on a steep learning curve. i have been trying to download 1.3 firmware update to my camera. i have downloaded twice from web and copied to 3 different SD cards and followed instructions exactly, but nothing occurs when i turn camera on, while pushing menu button, except a screen which shows 1.0 firmware and 5 seconds later shows whatever mode camera is in. any help appreciated.

01-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reynb Quote
hi im new to pentax forums. hope someone can help. i have recently purchased a K10D and am still on a steep learning curve. i have been trying to download 1.3 firmware update to my camera. i have downloaded twice from web and copied to 3 different SD cards and followed instructions exactly, but nothing occurs when i turn camera on, while pushing menu button, except a screen which shows 1.0 firmware and 5 seconds later shows whatever mode camera is in. any help appreciated.
Where did you put it on the SD card? It needs to be at the top level, not in a folder.
01-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

And make sure it's the *.bin file, NOT the zip file that you downloaded from the web. You need to extract the .bin file from the zip file, and put THAT file in the top level/root of the SD card.
01-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Card also needs to be formatted, .

Dave

01-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
re. 1.3 firmware problems

Thanks for your replies!The problem has been sorted,apparently my computer skills? were the main problem [you must right click when you Drag n Drop]