Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great Customer Service

Last month after having a bit of trouble calibrating my Sigma 135-400 lens, I decided to send it in to the Canadian Sigma repair centre Gentec International for cleaning and calibration. A week later I got the repair quote of $150 which I thought was very reasonable since they needed to replace the stepping motor, replace the diaphragm unit, clean and adjust the whole lens. I just called to see the status of the repair since my credit card hadn't been charged yet. When the tech found the repair bill he said it has been repaired and mailed back to me for free! They called it a "Courtesy repair" and didn't charge me a thing. I did however warn me to be careful with the lens as they cannot get anymore replacement parts from no on. This is the kind of customer service you hope to encounter all the time and one more reason I use Sigma lens exclusively.

05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #2

$150 courtesy repair--nice---Good of you to give credit to Sigma repair center for their gift. Enjoy
05-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Nobody was more surprised than I especially after finding out exactly what they had to repair. I'll give credit where credit is due anytime but if I get screwed over that's a whole other story.