Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RH, Your Request...

The other thread is closed and prob in the wrong place anyway. Here is a actual reply that is valid and doesn't just say "troll etc"

Seriously though the truth is that a true photographer will shine with any piece of equipment.
The overall quality of the image (low noise, able to enlarge to billboard size etc. is dependent on the camera-chip/film. The photographer chooses this "medium" that suites him best for his life (life now with digital, assignment-base w/ film (print, slide, Kodak V. Fuji etc.

Even in film days people got excited when 3200ISO film came out, sure it was grainy at 3200, but it offered a "native-speed" film at 3200 instead of push-processing existing films and getting so-so results and color shifts etc.
Reality is that with the exception really of a telephoto/wide angle lens allowing the photographer to get closer, wider etc. The composition etc. is dependent on the photographer and proper reading of the light, focusing etc.

Getting excited about a new camera is nothing new, Why get an HDTV for $1000 for a 36inch flat screen when you have a CRT (standard define.) 36" that only cost you $500 a few years ago and works fine.
Itís all about features now.
I admit I am a gear head sometimes and yes I am excited about the new cameras but if I didnít do what I do (actually photograph for a living) I probably would still be content with my *ist-D /(and have a lot less mileage on it too)
I upgrade because its needed and to stay completive w/ fellow photographers in my field so I can offer my clients the best I can with the equipment I choose to use.
Some people just have the $$ to burn and want the latest-greatest.

Now go out and photograph and stop measurbating... it will make you go blind u know (measurbating)