Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
...The first thing you need to do is determine if this is a problem with just your camera or common to all K-r's, or if it's a specific lens it front focuses with or all lenses. many have reported FF issues with some lenses but not others. There's a whole list of issues that have to be looked at. The more clearly you lay out the problem, the more likely someone has a solution or a workaround.
Since front focusing with K-r's has come up I will respond. Sure it is an issue for some K-r's. I have found that mine might do it under low light interior shots with very warm lighting. It won't always do it, but I can force a bad shot just by knowing the above. It very well may be a problem with the way the sensor is intergrated. However, given the potential for poor performance under this one very specific set of conditions, I find it difficult to term this a major flaw.

05-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, ya that has to be the reason... why didn't I think of that? I guess every article posting articles critical of Nikon or Canon that suffered the same fate, like every one ever posted , was also in the wrong forum... and being posted in the wrong forum gives people the right to start posting all their Pentax problems.

luftus my boy, do you even think before you post? or are you just really deficient in critical thinking skills/... please, take a run at someone stupid, you'll be more successful. You might want to consider that before you single me out for your disrespectful derisive commentary. That was beneath contempt. If you don't like the point I'm making, too bad. Maybe it's because you're part of the problem.
I'm not your "boy", you can't even spell my handle correctly... lol

I was actually, honestly responding to your statement, "Too funny, as soon as you point out there are issues with other cameras, the conversation turns right back to what's wrong with Pentaxes..." I neither insulted nor mocked you. I offered a theory as to why people were complaining about Pentax in a thread about Canikon issues. Why are you upset? I'm asking this honestly, without snark.
05-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love the Canon "fix" for the 5DIII light leak problem....Duct Tape!
05-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Red Green would approve.

05-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I love the Canon "fix" for the 5DIII light leak problem....Duct Tape!
Good enough for airplanes, good enough for cameras!
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Who's upset? It was an observation.

It could have
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I neither insulted nor mocked you. I offered a theory as to why people were complaining about Pentax in a thread about Canikon issues. Why are you upset? I'm asking this honestly, without snark.
That's your opinion, I suggest you stick with it. However, you can't deny you made it personal by including my name in the post,

QuoteQuote:
I offered a theory as to why people were complaining about Pentax in a thread about Canikon issues.
Thanks for the theory... let's see, it pretty much goes... it's the one posting the articles critical of Canon or Nikon's fault... is that the best you have as a theory? Refer to the part about critical thinking skills.
05-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who's upset? It was an observation.

It could have

That's your opinion, I suggest you stick with it. However, you can't deny you made it personal by including my name in the post,

Thanks for the theory... let's see, it pretty much goes... it's the one posting the articles critical of Canon or Nikon's fault... is that the best you have as a theory? Refer to the part about critical thinking skills.
/facepalm

Critical thinking... you need to learn it, live it, love it...

05-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
No wonder people put you on their ignore lists...
And no wonder I love that they do... I don't have a problem with that. Please, ignore me, maybe you can even start a club... the "I have normhead on ignore club". I love it. I might even become a member.
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Too funny, as soon as you point out there are issues with other cameras, the conversation turns right back to what's wrong with Pentaxes,
No, it did not turn into that type of thread. Anvh stated that it was fixed, I stated that, to my knowledge, it was not fixed for the K-r and some others confirmed that it's not fixed. So simple

I feel sorry for anybody who spends hard earned money on a camera (being it a Pentax K-r, Nikon D800, Canon 5D MkIII or whatever) and they experience issues that make it impossible for them to use the camera to its full potential if they have to.
05-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
People not only think the grass is greener on the other side(s). They also think it was greener in the past.

Fact remains, all these wonderful cameras are manmade machines, made with earthly materials. Every brand will have it's own issues.
I thought it looked greener on the other side because of all the fertilizer