Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2008, 04:33 AM   #46

Original Poster
Thank you all for your awesome and some what comedic replies and ive come to the consensus that even though I really want one, I should still try it out a bit before "getting it" since most of you say "you either love it or you hate it" which to me seems like really good advice.

BTW, Mr RiceHigh, you should really stop writing about how Pentax is doing so bad and go actually take some pictures for a change. I mean you your self said "Also to my own surprise, I have already written 75 articles so far, which have been read by many people over the world. In fact, I have spent quite some valuable time of my life in preparing and writing those articles of mine." So yeah a little to much time B!tching and not enough time shooting. No offense btw.

01-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lagerhead:

Every once in a while I've run into a case where the dials don't like to work. I've found two reasons for this. The first one is that the preview switch on my grip is very stiff and doesn't always like to move fully back to it's normal position. The second is that one of the pins on the grip where it connects to the body also sometimes sticks. They are spring loaded, so pushing them up and down few times works it loose. Just a note, all but one of them should be fully raised, the other only about half way. I think it's the last pin in the center row.
01-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #48
Veteran Member

i get the dials stuck too, usually it's either the dial on the grip or the body itself is sort of half way..( i know there isnt a halfway point when it clicks, but usually, i turn one or the other, depending on what's responding or not, and it then works after...)
sometimes annoying, but i've learned to deal w/ it, it's second nature now.

and another vote for the grip.....better balance w/ it. I once shot a few snaps at home w/o the grip, and it just felt odd and awkward. you get better stability w/ it (as what was already mentioned)...
01-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #49
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ill add a vote for the grip. I never take mine off. Actually I would love if they just integrated the whole thing,that would add room for a second status lcd under the main lcd which I also really want.

negatives about the grip:
-its too expensive for what it is!! no fancy feature in there, shouldnt cost such a percentage of the body as it does.
-there is no AF button?!! what were you thinking pentax?
-the grip is not as comfortable as the main grip, space saving i guess.

other than that, I wouldnt give it up, and using my k10d without it doesnt feel right.