Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Inactive Account

The PENTAX Digital SLR Camera K10D's Video Output Format

The PENTAX Digital SLR Camera K10D's Video Output Format

The old analogue TV format will be stopped. With low definition old TV used to watch high-definition digital images inappropriate.

The PENTAX K10D digital SLR camera just continues to provide the old video output format. This Design is an extremely inappropriate, today.

The consumer needs the VGA or SVGA 800*600 or higher, and need to switch VGA and DVI Adapter ports. The VGA or SVGA or DVI connector can be micro-ports, and connect to the Camera’s body.

Will can also: With the camera's internal monitors signal provide for an external video port. Will be the high-definition video signal, and exceed that VGA. You can easily connect to the external display unit. The RAW format images to be immediately observed, and large size display.

If you will go to outdoor photography, do not want to carry a heavy notebook computer, and meanwhile the need for immediate viewing large images, the camera must be able to output SVGA signals. It is connected to with external Micro Display or 7 Inch Light LCD Display.

If you are a serious-photographer, you will need to immediately watch the large size image at outdoors. This requires the image have to relatively large size display. The Camera's Display is too small, and could not meet requirements.

An especially handy Micro Display, You can watch the images of 10 Inch or above, SVGA 852*600 or 800*600, at outdoors! The Power consumption is 50mA 3V only, and Very minimum weight.
The Outdoors under bright sunshine, you can be: Better Display, more Agile, and Larger image!

http://www.emagin.com
http://www.emagin.com/products/OLEDMD/OLED-XL.php
The eMagin OLED Microdisplay Products: http://www.emagin.com/pdf/SVGA_final.pdf

Many peoples never use that old TV video signal output for watch Photos, on the Digital SLR camera. The design does not value.

Some earliest DSLR image processor only covered the old television video signal output.

The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to high-definition video signal output.

K10D image processor: PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine), made by NuCORE Inc.

However,PENTAX engineers only offer an old television video signal output device on the K10D. This is the worst.

In fact, this is not a technical issue,but thought the problem.

PENTAX K10D has hardware equipped, the need to improve the firmware, for SVGA or Digital LCD video output unit.

The Digital SLR Camera can support direct printing; but why is there no support for connecting external monitors? (For a big screen direct display)

I guess,CANON Digital SLR camera will provide high-definition video output, less than one year.

(I have used the PENTAX cameras over 20 years. With the PENTAX Super-ME begin. I had more PENTAX cameras.)

(Sorry, the English is not my mother language, Please forgive the language problem.)

PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/35d1158655457-pentax-digital-slr-camera-k10ds-video-output-format-sip2290pentax.jpg

Last edited by Timon@pentaxforums; 09-19-2006 at 04:35 AM.
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't understand.

Are you giving an opinion about something?

Are you trying to sell something?
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K10D video output.

As of this Day the Specs for the K10D have not changed. There is no video capability like what you are talking about from any Pentax DSLR. So why would you say the format is inappropriate. You can't hook up the K10D to your TV (why would you want to???) and download it like a video camera.

the other part of this is viewing images from PEF RAW files (which are about 17mb) on a computer monitor (SVGA & VGA) with top res of 1624-1224 and the DPI for web viewing is 72 DPI no more no less this output can't change.

I guess I'm stupid but from what I gather you are saying the format is outdated because of the change in the TV manfacturing ind. to HYDEF within the next couple of years. and this will have no affect on DSLRS or their format or computer monitors.

Cheers: David
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think what's he's trying to say is that the camera's LCD is too small and cannot accurately display the image's true quality...

OLED is a new display technology that's supposed to be superior to LCD, but I don't see the connection to Pentax here

Also, TV formats (HDVT, DVI, etc.) have nothing to do with cameras- cameras take JPGs- video output and format isn't improtant at all.

Even if they currently have the old analog plug, that will change with time, but why should that concern us in the first place?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #5

Bad english FTW

Like Mo said, what's to be concerned about? It's not like you use your tv to print out images.
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This sounds like a sales pitch to me. What is the forum rules on this?

Cheers

Eddie
09-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sales talk isn't allowed here, but I checked the site- it didn't appear to be selling anything; it was just reference.

I guess it's just the bad English that's confusing us, though...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
Pentaxian

It does raise the question though, shouldn't these cameras now have some sort of high def output for high def TVs? I realise it's not what "pros" need, but it can be handy every now then to show the pictures on a TV.
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #9
Ole
Administrator

HDTV's typically have a memory card slot or a USB port, so that you can connect the SD memory card itself or through a card reader to the TV and view the photos directly.

The video-out option in the camera could very well be done away with.
09-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Many peoples never use that old TV video signal output for watch Photos, on the Digital SLR camera. The design does not value.

Some earliest DSLR image processor only covered the old television video signal output.

The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to high-definition video signal output.

K10D image processor: PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine), made by NuCORE Inc.

However,PENTAX engineers only offer an old television signal output device on the K10D. This is the worst.

In fact, this is not a technical issue,but thought the problem.

PENTAX K10D has hardware equipped, the need to improve the firmware, for SVGA or Digital LCD video output unit.

The Digital SLR Camera can support direct printing; but why is there no support for connecting external monitors? (For a big screen direct display)

I guess,CANON Digital SLR camera will provide high-definition video output, less than one year.

(I have used the PENTAX cameras over 20 years. With the PENTAX Super-ME begin. I had more PENTAX cameras.)
Attached Images

Last edited by Timon@pentaxforums; 09-19-2006 at 04:42 AM.
09-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I don't know Mo. I have scene the same thread over at Steve's. I think the info may be informative but looks like a sales pitch to me also. So Timon are you selling something or just informing us? I mean I have never thought about viewing on tv other then making dvd video cslide shows. How would this info help me and why should I care. If I am way off sorry just my $.02
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
So Timon are you selling something or just informing us?
You need intelligence? You are a spy?

There are some very unfriendly people, This is extremely unfortunate for PENTAX and PentaxForums.

I like the camera, I like PENTAX Cameras, only!

I hope Pentax can do better!
09-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

woo woo woo! I mean no disrespect at all.

I am just trying to find out what or how this information would be useful to me. Please do not take my post as unfriendly just want to get to the point about your post thats all.

You have my apologies if this somehow offended you.
09-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You find very interesting?

Nausea!
09-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #15
Inactive Account

K10D video output format.

Timon:
With no disrespect to you, all we want to know is why this would be of interest to any of us. The post makes no sense. the information is informitive but not useful to anyone on this forum. We have no need or want to down load cameras to a TV. there is no reason to do this.

Now if you are trying to sell this on this forum? It is not acceptable, Advertising like this on this forum is not allowed Per the forum rules. but if you have a question reguarding the information you posted, Please ask the question so we may try to understand your intentions.

Otherwise, Please drop the thread. No one on this forum is being nasty to you and I know there is a language problem (both ways) so please Help us out and try to explain the thread you posted.

Good Shooting
Cheers: David
Closed Thread