Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These lines are not evident in your other "snow" shots taken a few days earlier . How long was it between going outside and taking the photos in each set. It could be that the lines happen after the camera has chilled down a lot or AS it is cooling down.

01-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Not only blind in thought, but now literally blind to, huh?
HA-ha!
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Hi Dani

I can clearly see the lines in some of your photos and wonder if you've considered e-mailing a couple of your affected images to Pentax USA's Head Office for some engineers to inspect and give their opinion ? I'd advise doing so first, before going to the time and additional expense of sending your camera into an official repair centre, without knowing the potential costs involved beforehand.

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 01-18-2008 at 03:45 PM.
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I had this problem on my first K100D body (returned). Exactly the same kind of lines, always in the same part of the image, sometimes invisible and mostly showing up on ISO 3200 shots.

Do the lines show up in when viewing in camera? Try another SD card, if they don't dissapear it is a sensor/mainboard flaw. I had mine exchanged because of that. Sending the pic to Pentax is a good ideia, you could get a free replacement :]

01-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #20

To my eyes I can see the lines in the pix that were shot ISO400. They're not so clear at ISO200. The camera is a *istDL, not a D. So with that I would lean towards it being a sensor issue. Try some shots at ISO800 and see if the lines are more obvious. How actuations does your shutter have?

Info for all: Picasa does retain and show some EXIF info. There is a "More info" hyperlink to the right of a picture that will expand the basic info about the picture.
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Its Dani...
Thank you asll for you help. I have added more pictures to look at. It isnt always when I am outside, It has just started happening. I have used one sd card for about a year so that could be it... I will be taking some pictures tomorrow and testing out the thoeries you have all given me!!!
Thanks again!!

Picasa Web Albums - dani
01-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dani22 Quote
Its Dani...
I have used one sd card for about a year so that could be it...
Okay, now I really think it's the SD card. Memory is super cheap. Just get another card and try it out. I'll bet that's your problem.