Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #106
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Mamiya.

Nikon *maybe,* but if Pentax don't work out I'm back to film. Canon FD still works. And maybe like a Fuji X100.
Hah Hah - I've been reading this thread for a while and didn't have the courage to reply, "No other brand - just sell all my digital stuff and shoot Pentax film cameras until they die, film dies or I die."

Thanks for giving me cover

05-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Only Nikon D700 or Canon 5D Mk II after K-5, if ever I change it.. Nothing else I suppose.

Or if any time I run out of money and have to sell my gear, I might get a Canon 350D, an adaptor, and keep the helios 44-2.
05-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #108
Veteran Member

What, isn't anyone else here jumping with me to Holga?!?!? What a bunch of wusses...
05-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
What, isn't anyone else here jumping with me to Holga?!?!? What a bunch of wusses...
Well I already have 4 of them, so I can join you (people keep giving me the bloody things - though the fisheye is fun)

05-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #110

Photos: Albums
Nikon as I already did early this year. The Nikon layout takes time to get used to even though I was shooting Nikon initially. The Nikon menu doesn't provide as much as Pentax.

I am still used to Nikon skin tone colors . As to manual focus lens, I like the push pull Nikon 80-20mm 2.8 D ED very much. It feels as good as pentax Takumar and Pentax-M lenses I used before. For general people like me the Nikon lens choices is cheaper and easier. The Nikon 35mm 1.8G and Tamron A16NII are two lenses that saved my daily life .
05-24-2012, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've made the jump from Pentax to Canon and I've just about made up my mind to jump back to Pentax. Crazy, huh?

The grass ain't always greener on the other side. The Pentax grass is greener--literally. If you shot the same grass w/ both a Pentax and a Canon, the grass in the Pentax shot would most likely be greener than the Canon straight out of the camera. Secondly, at least for me, FF isn't what it's cracked up to be. The images I got w/ Pentax were just as good, if not a bit better than the Canon. When it comes to most cameras, it's the person behind the camera that holds the most responsibility for producing outstanding images and not so much the gear.

Even though I haven't sold the first piece of Canon gear yet, I'm really tempted to simply pull out the plastic and make my switchback happen now.

Heather
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #112
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I thought Holga glass (err plastic) was too expensive for your collecting style.

j/k
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #113
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
That would be amazing if it was true. Any links to support these numbers?

The only thing I can find about Canon is their hope to sell more cameras:

They hope to sell about 27.7% more, which is close to the figure you quote. Keyword is hope.
Nothing amazing about those numbers but prestty much expected. DSLR's have been on a continuous increase and the myth that mirrorless is stealing customers is just a myth. Canon in particular stress the large sales from entry level DSLR's. The numbers are from Canons 1. quarter 2012 results.

Canon hopes is another matter but seem very realistic.

05-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I thought Holga glass (err plastic) was too expensive for your collecting style.
Yeah, well... that's why I look for Diana-clones from which to snatch 50/5.6 New Optical Lenses. And I still need to mount a certain element into a body cap so I can use it on PK bellows. It's from a Polaroid Swinger I got at a thrift shot for a buck, then dismembered. The lens is probably about 105/4 and yes, it's actual plastic!

But a digital Holga would sure be tempting, eh? No, I won't buy their Holga-for-Pentax piece. I just need to use the crud I already have.

Last edited by RioRico; 05-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.
05-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Well at this time I certainly wouldn't go to Canon, I believe that both Nikon and Sony have surpassed Canon in the APSC front. In fact if camera sightings are any indication, my recent trip to Southern California tells me that Nikon is clearly the leader in DSLRs right now. I did however run into a number of folks with Pentax K5s' and Krs'
05-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #116
Pentaxian

I semi jumped in that I sold all of the da limiteds, da* 200 and 300 (kept FA 31/77 just in case . . . ), and Zeiss ZK (28,50,85), and bought a Leica M8, along with voigtlander 15/4, Biogon 28/2.8, and Pentax 43/1.9-L for m mount.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but even with rather outdated sensor of M8, I enjoy photography far more than I did before, and I am even considering to sell my 645d and lenses to buy M monochrome and summicron 35/2.

It is all about the process for me . . .

Last edited by Fontan; 05-25-2012 at 08:10 AM.
05-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
I've made the jump from Pentax to Canon and I've just about made up my mind to jump back to Pentax. Crazy, huh?
Nice to see you roaming about the forum again, no matter what gear decision you end up making.
05-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #118
Veteran Member

The grass is always greener...

The Pentax K5 is really very competitive. That said, I've ordered an Oly OM-D and an eager to see how this little camera performs. When it's time to pick up another "big" body, I would most certainly consider the Canon 5DM3. I am really in love with Canon optics...
05-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
The grass is always greener...

The Pentax K5 is really very competitive. That said, I've ordered an Oly OM-D and an eager to see how this little camera performs. When it's time to pick up another "big" body, I would most certainly consider the Canon 5DM3. I am really in love with Canon optics...
Maybe it is a bit like the Feynman diagram, where Pentax and Olympus body collide and produce a photo(n), which eventually spilt off to Canon and Nikon . . . .
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #120
Site Supporter

Leica because the dimensions of the camera and even of some lenses are almost the same.
Nikon did many things right over the last 2-3 years. Canon is still very close.