Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ever heard of google

google for pentax cris might do the trick

05-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

To avoid pre-charge flat fee (where you pay first), don't use the website form. Just send it to them (use tracking & insurance), include all contact info and description of the problem and ask for estimate. I'm assuming you're in U.S., otherwise your repair options will be with someone else...
05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
K-x has 11 selectable AF points, you select them on the rear LCD screen.
which is of course completely useless, if they aren't in the vf they have almost no use i returned a kx specifically because this was lacking

kr addressed this issue
05-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The broken K10 goes on the burner for awhile. I picked up a white Kx for 280.00. Came in original box, software, kit lens, rechargable batts and charger,and two sd cards. So far, I love it. it seems to have answered my prayers as far as shooting in auditoriums with the terrible sodium/flaurescent lighting from a distance. iso 6400 is nice and no grain really unless you zoom the pic all the way in to the eyeballs. Capturing video is easy, and it does focus initially on the subject area. as you manually zoom in and out you make the adjustments fairly easy, just as the auto focus takes a second, you manually can do it just as fast. Not a problem at all. I thought i would miss the lcd display on top of my K10, but it is all on the main screen. i use it mostly on manual, so the fact that Tav mode doesn't exist is not a problem. Shutter is a little faster than the K10, little smaller and lighter. Has dust removal and sensor up options. Let you know how the lacrosse pics come out next week. Thats the final test. Now I can slowly work on the k10 to fix for my wife. Thanks for all the advice.-dan