Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #16
mc5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MNCurt-K10D Quote
Rickster has it right - the light metering system is spec by Pentax (according to my manual) to operate for EV 0 to EV 21, f/1.4 lens at ISO 100. Outside this range, all bets are off. Playing with my K10D and f/1.4 lens just now, I could easily replicate the "over-exposure reading on the meter, but the aperture and shutter speed readouts were both blinking, which I take to mean "Out of range, do not believe!" Now, somewhere in Pentax software-land I'd suspect that a systems engineer did not fully spec what was to happen when an "out of range" condition was encountered (beyond blinking the readout), so a software engineer wrote some code that does what we might call 'strange things' like indicate an over-exposure condition, instead of just blinking the whole exposure scale. Irritating, maybe, and probably fixable in a software update, but not a sign of anything basically out of adjustment.

At least, that's my two cents on the subject!

Curt
that makes sense - thanks!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, bar, camera, dslr, exposure, lens, light, middle, overexposure, photography, time, values