Eye Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A local store, (Camera Craft)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ5  Photo 
05-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
Unfortunately I don't run across too many stores that actually have a Pentax display with actual lens, flash units, and more than two camera bodies. IF only Pentax could get the hint on that one?

Is it just my imagination or are there only about ten stores such as this in america??
05-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jcamero Quote
Welcome to Camera Craft!

I live there in Rockford, Illinois. The other shop usually has a few Pentax things, but nothing like Camera Craft's selection.

Last edited by sjwaldron; 05-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
This one is 40 miles from me, well worth the drive. If it was not for the fact he had a K10d that I could hold, and shoot, I may of bought something else, (brand). It was a toss up between a N D3000 or a C T1i, or the K10d. BB/TARGET/WALLYWORLD, carried the N & C. With all information/reviews I read, finding the K10d at this store was worth the easy
drive. He now has a loyal customer, (as long as he carries Pentax Gear).

05-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
I see your location as Wisconsin - where in Wisconsin is this camera store? I find myself crossing Wisconsin here and there; maybe I can plan a drooling stop for me on the next trip?

From your northern neighbor - Michigan's Upper Peninsula...
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Imagine if every local camera store has a section like that.

Even in Australia, where we have good Pentax distribution, it's rare to see a full display like that.
05-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Even in Australia, where Pentax has a much higher profile than in the states, I haven't seen a display this big

05-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Pentaxian

That's a 'fantasy scenario' for me.
Last week I saw a shop near me with a K-01 AND a Q. Also saw a K-r in another shop. Would have fell off my chair if I hadn't already been standing. Never seen any lenses other than the 18-55, though.
Maybe the 'price fixing' in the US is helping things here.
05-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a shop in London that's a Pentax Pro Dealer and they have a shelf with all the DA*s in a line, then all the DA Limiteds in a line, then all the FA Limiteds in a line (I think), with K-5s, K-rs, K-01s... It's amazing... But they won't let you handle things because the guy said people come in, fondle the equipment and then run off and buy it online.
05-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
That's a 'fantasy scenario' for me.
Last week I saw a shop near me with a K-01 AND a Q. Also saw a K-r in another shop. Would have fell off my chair if I hadn't already been standing. Never seen any lenses other than the 18-55, though.
Maybe the 'price fixing' in the US is helping things here.
They have had Pentax for a long time. It's a local shop that didn't go with the flow when the digital age came and Pentax bottomed out. I honestly didn't know they were a big Pentax shop until maybe 2 years ago when I randomly visited their shop.

I do think the policies Pentax implemented will help them a bit, however they sell a number of brands. They even have the Fuji x100 and such.

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I see your location as Wisconsin - where in Wisconsin is this camera store? I find myself crossing Wisconsin here and there; maybe I can plan a drooling stop for me on the next trip?
From your northern neighbor - Michigan's Upper Peninsula...
It's in Rockford Illinois (north west of Chicago).
Welcome to Camera Craft!

He now has a loyal customer, (as long as he carries Pentax Gear).
Most of them are Pentax shooters. They would probably be the last shop in the USA to stop selling Pentax.
05-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
There's a shop in London that's a Pentax Pro Dealer and they have a shelf with all the DA*s in a line, then all the DA Limiteds in a line, then all the FA Limiteds in a line (I think), with K-5s, K-rs, K-01s... It's amazing... But they won't let you handle things because the guy said people come in, fondle the equipment and then run off and buy it online.
What store is that?
05-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
For our Aussie colleagues, I went to Digital Camerawarehouse Brisbane last week. They had the K-r, K-5, K-01 and Q, with about half-dozen Pentax lenses, on display. Even s the K-01 is not listed yer on their website....
05-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Oh, THAT kind of eye candy, well, that's okay too, I suppose. The title got me hoping for something more like guys from Chippendale's calendar or something, but some cool tech is okay too...
05-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

There must be some kind of award for a display of that excellence.

Mickey
05-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Oh, THAT kind of eye candy, well, that's okay too, I suppose. The title got me hoping for something more like guys from Chippendale's calendar or something, but some cool tech is okay too...

With the male to female ratio on this forum, it if was going to be that kind of eye candy it wouldn't be THAT kind of eye candy!