Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I don't know if 'defending Pentax' is usually something taken *quite* that literally. The last time a Pentax was defended with a .50 caliber machine gun might have been back in Vietnam or something.
haha, yea I'm sure! And back then in that environment, they would have REALLY loved the water sealing!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It's like the official Pentaxian brigade over there. (Hey, by the way, is that stock strap sufficient for you, there? Maybe we can work up a care package. )
haha yea, and another two soldiers just ordered theire WG-2's. Doing what I can for that ever illusive commission (are you listening Pentax? ) And wow that would be amazing! But speaking of straps, I literally just ordered the OPTECH Sling Strap because, not, it was not sufficing lol. I love the Pentax strap and I have it fixed to my body perfectly when walking about, but it's just way too slow and cumbersome to take off and from around my shoulder to shoot. I really do appreciate the sentiment though! That's extremely generous of you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Take-5-JB Quote
HEIE, First, thanks for standing the watch for the rest of us. Keep the pics and updates coming. Our friend is over in the A-stan on his 5th tour (3 Iraq ..2nd there). He was on the the post 9/11 invasion of Iraq as a 1st Lt, now he is a Maj. He said don't believe most of what you see on the news.... Clear head, sharp eye, and keep your ass tucked in...God Bless. JB
Wow. 5 tours? That's....incredible. I give my regards to his family for being so resilient.

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Way off topic here, but I sincerely want to know, what do you see in the news?
Sensationalist crap (i.e. bomb explosions that kill 50+ as opposed to schools that are allow girls for the first time) that is often times twisted for ratings as opposed to unbiased and balanced reported (unlike Fox, whose slogan says they are fair and balanced).

Thanks again everyone!

-Heie

06-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
haha, yea I'm sure! And back then in that environment, they would have REALLY loved the water sealing!
Heehee. Probably more important with all the electronics, but I think you'd have to ask Hillerby about that one: he was actually a combat photog back then. You ought to have a peek at some of his threads about it, if you haven't seen em.

QuoteQuote:
haha yea, and another two soldiers just ordered theire WG-2's. Doing what I can for that ever illusive commission (are you listening Pentax? ) And wow that would be amazing! But speaking of straps, I literally just ordered the OPTECH Sling Strap because, not, it was not sufficing lol. I love the Pentax strap and I have it fixed to my body perfectly when walking about, but it's just way too slow and cumbersome to take off and from around my shoulder to shoot. I really do appreciate the sentiment though! That's extremely generous of you.
Heehee. Not too much of a biggie. Just thought that looked like a heavy rig for that strap. I think you'll probably like the Op/tech. I've got a few of their straps for any of my cameras that might get heavy. They're one of those companies I tend to trust to know what they're doing.

Our Seamuis here actually likes to use some straps from army surplus, so maybe if that doesn't work out there'll be something around over there.

Anyway, be safe over there.

Oh, and let us know how they do with those WG-2s: I've been eyeing that series for my botanist sweetie for a while, now. (the little macro lights look just perfect for that and all. )
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Stay safe man!
Your positive attitude and posts have always been an interesting read here.

Being able to take all that dust when on an APC, as well as the rattling about during movement is no small feat for a camera.
Not to mention the greasy/dirty hands and such handling the equipment.

Also appreciate your 'bringing the war to the enemy" on DPR