Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

Apple IR remote for shooting

Has anybody ever tried to reprogram and use the Apple IR remotes for wireless shooting? I have had one of the white plastic remotes laying around forever and finally decided to try to figure out a way to change the IR number to no avail.

05-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #2

I don't know about the Apple remote but another forum member was able to trigger his Pentax DLSR with a tv remote (don't remember the brand). He stated that he pointed it at the camera and worked his way through all the buttons until he found one that tripped the shutter on the camera. Hope this helps.
05-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #3

You can take apart two apple remotes, solder the ir leds to a headphone jack and trigger it from your phone. That's what I did.
05-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
I have tried all the buttons on the apple remote. none will trigger the shutter sadly.
And yea, I used to have that Chrish, bought two IR LEDs at radioshack and had a spare headphone jack laying around but the connections in the jack came lose and never got around to fixing it.