Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #1

The Big Drop - Featuring : my K20D

Hello there,

I've come here to seek your help in quite an annoying situation.

So it was the 6th of may, around 7.30pm. The former president of France, Nicolas Sarkozy, had only a few minutes to go before we all cheered up to the election of François Hollande, hundred thousands gathering on Bastille square to celebrate. A very happy day indeed.

Except that, going 30 minutes backwards on the great celluloid tape of Time, I dropped my K20D on the tile floor of a cafe and the camera stopped working.
There still was some signs of life, like sombody in a deep coma, but nothing much : just an "battery empty" sign blinking.
I refueled my battery with some kryptonite, or was it electricity, but nothing happened - the "battery empty" would keep blinking.

So my question is : has it already happened to any of you (which is the last thing I could wish) and can it be easily repaired?

Thanks for your support and long may live your cameras!

stéphane

05-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You may want to search this site. I recall a post on this same subject within the past month or so. Several years ago, with my flash attached, I dropped my K20d. The result was a broken flash foot and a bent top on the K20d but the camera continued to work just fine. I sent it to the Pentax repair place in the USA and the fix was about $250USD. Not quite the same injury but I'll bet it would cost about the same to fix yours.