Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
Kryscendo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 223
Heh, a friend of mine asked for 3% of whatever they make from a post card company selling a few of his images.

He sold I think 6 shots and got nearly 1,300 when all was said and done.

06-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
Original Poster
So, do I need to write up a legal document? Or is it enough to just tell them in writing (email) that it's non-exclusive, etc.?
06-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
Original Poster
Man, it's hard to know how much to charge... Would $50 be too much, to little?
06-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,264
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
So, do I need to write up a legal document? Or is it enough to just tell them in writing (email) that it's non-exclusive, etc.?
I'd write a separate document contract to be certain, but you can also just use that as your invoice to them. just make sure you spell out the terms (limited run non exclusive use license for specified job). If they want Exclusive use (some companies will because it represents their brand others won't)

06-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member
maxfield_photo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,215
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Man, it's hard to know how much to charge... Would $50 be too much, to little?
You might want to consider purchasing some pricing software. fotoQuote Pro seems to be popular and very thorough. I'm using an evaluation version of Hindsight's Photo Price Guide, it's basic, but seems to get the job done. In this case, for a post card, for a local client, one-time usage license, with a print run of 5000 it suggests $108, or roughly 2 cents per postcard.
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
You might want to consider purchasing some pricing software. fotoQuote Pro seems to be popular and very thorough. I'm using an evaluation version of Hindsight's Photo Price Guide, it's basic, but seems to get the job done. In this case, for a post card, for a local client, one-time usage license, with a print run of 5000 it suggests $108, or roughly 2 cents per postcard.
I didn't even know such a thing existed! I'll have to check that outó
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black & White Postcard quality? Na Horuk Photo Critique 5 03-01-2012 06:51 PM
Record $4.3m auction price for photo by Gursky sandpipe Photographic Industry and Professionals 13 02-24-2012 09:11 PM
Oz K-01 price now cheaper than B&H photo raider Pentax K-01 7 02-17-2012 09:09 PM
Save $400 off the price of Photo Shop 5 at B& H !! Vantage-Point Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 8 02-24-2011 09:23 PM
Architecture Postcard from Cork - St Finnbarrs Cathedral robbiec Post Your Photos! 3 06-20-2010 12:12 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top