Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: I'm putting money aside to buy the new Full Frame camera!
YES 3825.00%
NO 9763.82%
I DON'T KNOW 1711.18%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just upgraded to a K5 in November, taking advantage of the under $1000 prices that appeared for a few days. I will NOT be buying a Pentax FF if they announce one soon. In a few years, when my K5 has had some good use and if a FF camera is available, then I might. It's going to be expensive and that's just the camera body. A whole new collection of lenses will be in order. I have a lot of old MF glass but they aren't getting used all that much and my eyesight isn't getting better with age. It's also going to be heavier to carry around and that's a direction I don't want to go either.

06-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Since this is yet another rumor thread, IMHO Pentax intends to develop a full-professional system camera, including service, loaner and rental support (over time). That's why they (it appears) are trying to re-enter the B&M space.

Therefore $200 a month is a "forever" saving rate in order to acquire all the tempting lenses and accessories.

Given my history of CBA/LBA I would need to make a difficult decision to sell all my film cameras, APSc gear and other hobby gear to play in that pool. I doubt that will happen.

I would probably just buy whatever everyone else is selling to buy their LX-D and be happy with what I have.

But I still want them to do it. Pro's can lease for $something a month instead of saving $200 a month
06-17-2012, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Well, how we love to dream and dream on.
Maybe there will be a pentax ff. Yeah, why not. Could be nice with a 31 and a 77. If the combo weighs less than 1500 grams. Then I might buy. But only then.
Saving up is always good, because sometimes you need a new laundry machine or vacuum cleaner. And sometimes someone else really needs your help.
And sometimes when the bright and shining moment is there, you might wonder if you really want it. I am curious though, as to how it would perform.
06-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

I have essentially everything I really need. I have a few lenses that I am not really using any longer and they should probably go to the marketplace. The only thing is a real quality prime 300mm that may be in the offing. With the K5 acquired in January, I am set.

06-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I just upgraded to a K5 in November, taking advantage of the under $1000 prices that appeared for a few days. I will NOT be buying a Pentax FF if they announce one soon.
Ditto. I would like to upgrade to a full frame body, but I also just picked up the K5. I will most likely wait until the FF body is near the end of its cycle, the bugs are worked out and the prices are good.
06-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Bought a k5 last month.
Had no intention to invest in another body for a while...touch wood...it's all about saving up for lenses from now.

To be saving 200usd/month, you'll be able to put down a deposit on a house by the time Pentax even thinks about releasing FF.
06-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the K0D and I'm pretty happy with it now. It's actually a much, much better camera than I am a photographer. I'm fortunate enough to simply buy what I want when I want it (after telling my lovely wife ). I don't need her permission, but it is always better to not have any big surprises.
06-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #38
Forum Member

I am putting money aside, but it's for whatever the K-5 replacement turns out to be (K-3?).

06-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #39
Pentaxian

I am always saving $200 for the next thing.......

Anyway to OP, good buying/saving strategy.
No need to whine about any new camera/lens being too out of reach when they eventually come out.
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lupine Quote
I am putting money aside, but it's for whatever the K-5 replacement turns out to be (K-3?).
I have one foot in both camps and waiting to see the comparison between the K-5 replacement and possible FF. I'm not sure that I can be convinced of the value of the full frame versus top of the line APS-C, but who knows. In any event, money is going away on a regular basis for a new body.

Either will hopefully represent a 2-3 year investment at least, all the better to feed my LBA. I had just about enough money to buy the K-5 but blew most of it on a used 50-135mm in April - money well spent though!
06-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I am always saving $200 for the next thing.......

Anyway to OP, good buying/saving strategy.
No need to whine about any new camera/lens being too out of reach when they eventually come out.
Maybe I even should do that strategy myself, since I always find the next camera so expensive
06-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #42
Veteran Member

What is everyone going to spend their savings on come March and still no Pentax FF?
06-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #43

If the rumours hold true it should come along just as I get my bonus (fingers crossed ). However, for something this expensive I probably wouldn't be an early adopter. My preference would be to wait for the price to fall slightly and see what user's experiences are.

I'm more likely to pick up the K5 replacement (assuming there is an APSC replacement on its way).
06-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #44
Site Supporter

Why save, swipe the old plastic and worry about paying later!

Just kidding! I can afford to buy it if I want to, but I work too hard for my money to waste it. The day my K-x dies, I'll decide which Pentax to buy, till then the K-x is all I need.
06-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
What is everyone going to spend their savings on come March and still no Pentax FF?
Sigma APO EX DG 500mm f4.5