Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: I'm putting money aside to buy the new Full Frame camera!
YES 3825.00%
NO 9763.82%
I DON'T KNOW 1711.18%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #46
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Not actually saving, I'm fortunate enough to have the cash, all I need now is the damned camera(s).

06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #47
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
What is everyone going to spend their savings on come March and still no Pentax FF?
Well at the time there is nothing in the Pentax store that I want. On the other hand, that Sigma 500mm/f4.5 is one lens to put in my (new and larger) camerabag.
06-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #48
Pentaxian

What is everyone going to spend their savings on come March and still no Pentax FF?
Can't make up my mind
There are plenty to spend that money on (and too little money)

Its going to be a buyers market by March next year with the rumored D600, A99, and who knows what else (645DII; NEX FF; Canon cheap FF, etc)
Prices of existing cameras (FF, 645 and all) will be pushed down and there will be lots of choices.
So it will be a good time for those who don't have an urgent need for FF (or any camera for that matter).
In fact its going to be sooner than that for those who don't want to wait.
Some options may already be available by Photokina (eg. D600; K3)

A new PC is attractive;
So is a better printer to do A3 prints
Maybe a K-01 (very cheap by then) for MF lenses....
Just too many stuff to buy.....
Or even spend that money on a tour to get more photos.
06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I don't even get 200 a month at the moment

06-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
No way, just got two Metz 60CT workhorses and a Schneider-Kreuznach SuperAngulon 75/5.6 for my Cambo SCII.
Full frame is small format

Courtesy of Ken Rockwell website:
06-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
Banned

Original Poster
Well we are a full year on the road and I didn't save $ 2400

Pentax better waits some time before bringing the beloved FF.
06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I should be....but I just can't help but blow the budget on this new GXR system. Somehow I thought I was saving money, by taking advantage of the Henry's fire sale....this system is adding up. Body, 28mm, 50mm, M Mount, Ricoh brand case...and now just made a deal to buy a used 15mm Voigt and VF-1. It's such a fine little system though.

My hope is that some of my duplicate focal length FF compatible glass I've got, jumps up in value by 25% when a FF body finally gets released. That should help partially fund a body.....even if I should have sold it ages ago. Seriously, how many 50's does one man really need?

06-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I always keep some money in the bank for equipment purchases each year with the photo business, so when FF comes, I will just make that my most major purchase that year. Still, I probably won't pull the trigger until I book another wedding after an announcement. I like to not buy until I know that I have one more paying job.
06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #54
Pentaxian

I am saving TODAY for better (FF) glass ... all my glass is FF except kit lenses and a DA 55-300 that my wife uses for her backyard birding on th K-r ...

I may save in the future for a Pentax FF DSLR, if it ever comes into existence ... J
06-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any money I save will go to lenses, FF is not in my needs. But I hope they deliver one for all of those that are clamoring for one, if they do you had better buy it! Maybe they will just go to 36x36 instead. Myself, I'm hoping they come out with that long awaited TC. But who knows what's next, the DAL WRs were not on the roadmap.
06-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Hookers and beer.
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #57
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
Haha, yeah I wish I could afford to stash even £50 a month away. I'm basically gonna be broke for the next three years anyway, so hopefully Pentax will have something tasty for me to grab once I finish my apprenticeship.

I hear aeronautical engineering is a good field to get in to Not to brag but I feel very proud of myself for getting on this scheme. It's the flagship Airbus apprenticeship and it's apparently the best engineering apprenticeship in the country in terms of investment and content and all that. Plus I get a second shot at a degree, albeit an honorary one.

But yeah, I won't be saving for this for a long time. I need money to buy porridge oats.
{Apologies for straying off topic!}

It seems a narrow industry since Boeing and Airbus are essentially the only manufacturers in the commercial airplane business these days.

And I heard a tidbit the other day.

Airbus is going to be setting up an engineering facility somewhere near the Boeing plant in Everett, Washington. This looks like Airbus is going to be harvesting dissatisfied engineering types from the rank and file at the World's Largest Building at Paine Field. I know quite a few people who work there, both in SPEEA and the Aerospace Machinist's Union, and there is discontent in both camps. The Boeing management has built (and is feverishly adding to) the new Dreamliner facility in South Carolina, which is non-union. Even though the plane is assembled at both facilities, the writing is on the wall. The majority of the workers at the Everett facility (both SPEEA and the Machinst's) sense the next contract renewals will result in massive cuts proposed by management, something that the union membership does not want.

So Airbus just may have something up their sleeve, setting up shop nearby . . . . . . . .

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

As for the OP, I always try to have more going into savings each month than goes out. When I see something that interests me, I look at my finances, and if it is in my reach, I grab it. But as another poster mentioned, based on the track record of "new releases" (not just camera gear) I usually tend to sit back and wait until things settle down, and any bugs are worked out.

And I have plenty of FF glass just waiting for the "rest" of the optics to get put to use.
08-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #58
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Hookers and beer.
You can have the hookers.

I'll have the beer!