Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B.C or Bust!

Hey Everyone!!! I'm headed to British Columbia on July 5th and (of course) I am bringing my camera! Do any of you have suggestions as to where I should go? I like landscape, sports, and stills. Tell me your secret places! (you can trust me to keep them secret)

Attached Images

06-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Scootatheschool1990 Quote
Tell me your secret places!
But then they wouldn't be secret! I jest. Having never been to the pac northwest, can't really help. This was a useless reply. I blame Friday.
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Vancouver area ? Capilano Bridge , Grouse Mountain and Stanley Park - hardly secrets - for the out of way areas I have a few but they are quite a ways east of where you are going. You should PM a member here named Jimbo - he lives in Maple Ridge and has lots of out of the way places near where you are. Spots you can check out if the Lions (Canadian Football) are playing a home game at BC Place that's a cool place.
06-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Anywhere you go in BC, you will be running into awesome photographic potential. Vancouver is the largest city and has the most organized franchised sports teams. However, July is off month for just about all except soccer, field hockey softball and baseball. There will be summer camp for football (i.e., gridiron not footie).

As for landscapes, if you are in the Vancouver area, a ride up the chairlift of Grouse Mountain can reveal some awesome sunsets. If you are looking for miles and miles of sandy beach, head over to the Long Beach area of southwestern Vancouver Island. The weather has not yet been sunny and hot in BC so dress accordingly. A favourite of mine is Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver.

Heading into the southern interior gets you into sagebrush country with numerous vineyards. If you don't find anything to photograph, at least you have great wine to drink.

Have fun. The trip is worth every penny.

Jack

06-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I think if you use Google Earth it will show were everyone has gone and posted a photo of it. I find that very useful when scouting vacations.
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You guys are awesome! What great secret spots! I've just created a list of all the places you just mentioned. Thanks so much.
I will pm him and see what he has to say. Thanks!