Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Deleting Images (safely)

A previous thread by Janamac indicated a failure with the K10 deleting multiple images. IS their a safe way to delete multiple images? I have approx. 150 I can now delete, (saved to DVD).

06-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just download to the computer and delete them, most software has that option after downloading. There is no need to do it
in the camera.
06-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcamero Quote
A previous thread by Janamac indicated a failure with the K10 deleting multiple images. IS their a safe way to delete multiple images? I have approx. 150 I can now delete, (saved to DVD).
Suggestion: If you can't do a "Delete All" try reformatting the card in the camera. Actually, you should reformat the card in the camera even if you can do a "Delete All."
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As suggested, copy all images of a shoot to a computer; make sure that that operation is successful. Next make one or more backups of these originals and make sure that those are successful. And then format the card.

06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 on formatting the card. Delete All seems to take forever, format takes a couple of seconds.

I copy everything to the computer and to an external HD via Lightroom. I have Lightroom set to NOT delete the images on the card. The card then goes into rotation with the other 4 cards, so it might not be used again for a few weeks. When I load a card into the camera I format it. This method allows the images to be retained on the card for a period of up to a week or so in addition to the computer backups. Just one more piece of insurance.