Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Brangdon Quote
A touch UI offers more direct manipulation. For example, navigating menus is more direct than using arrow keys to move a cursor up/down/left/right and then hit OK when the cursor is where you want. It's much easier to just touch the thing you want when you can see it on the screen. Zooming and panning are also more direct, and setting focus point is a natural fit to touch too.
You're talking about LV, aren't you? Who uses that?! And again, what's going to prevent my nose from changing settings on the touchscreen? Not the proximity sensor that doesn't even work in phones.

Anyway, I just don't get it. I don't want my phone to be able to make coffee. I don't want my washingmachine to have GPS. And I don't want a camera to come with a clunky silly buggy slow operating system like android or ios.

Last edited by Clavius; 07-14-2012 at 11:24 PM.
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
You're talking about LV, aren't you? Who uses that?! And again, what's going to prevent my nose from changing settings on the touchscreen? Not the proximity sensor that doesn't even work in phones.

Anyway, I just don't get it. I don't want my phone to be able to make coffee. I don't want my washingmachine to have GPS. And I don't want a camera to come with a clunky silly buggy slow operating system like android of ios.
Same here. My hands are huge. I have trouble with the touchscreen on my wifes Android because of my big fingers. I don't want to have to deal with that on my camera. Less complicated is better for what I like to shoot. Liveview won't get these shots. The sun is too bright to even see the lcd screen!

07-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
You're talking about LV, aren't you?
I'm talking about Live View, reviewing of photos taken, and general use of the menu system between shots. As I wrote, quite clearly, in #103.

QuoteQuote:
And again, what's going to prevent my nose from changing settings on the touchscreen? Not the proximity sensor that doesn't even work in phones.
That point has already been addressed. I have the impression you are not paying attention.

QuoteQuote:
And I don't want a camera to come with a clunky silly buggy slow operating system like android or ios.
I don't think anyone does. The thread moved away from that (see #44). Touch screens don't require Android.
07-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Brangdon Quote
That point has already been addressed. I have the impression you are not paying attention.
Just one person claiming they don't have issues with their ears pressing buttons during calls doesn't solve this problem. That's why I ignored that comment. It's a very common problem that almost everybody with a smartphone experiences. This was never the case with hardware-buttons.

But that's not the only gripe with touch-screen displays. Not seeing where I'm clicking because my finger blocks my view is even more annoying. Don't know if it's more or less irritating then the fingerprints on the screen though. Having to actually look at my fingers where I press whilst typing is frustrating too. Smartphones need to come with a keyboard.

And about open source os... It spells: "You'll have to install a virus scanner on your camera."