Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member
WMBP's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,496
K20D on Pentax web site

Here it is:

Pentax Imaging: K20D - Digital SLR - Digital - Cameras by Pentax

If that link doesn't work, click here.

More info here on the Pentax DSLR site:

http://www.pentaxslr.com/bodies/k20


Will


Last edited by WMBP; 01-23-2008 at 03:16 PM.
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member
WMBP's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,496
Original Poster
Hmmm. I didn't see that this has been posted over in the News forum.

Kill this thread if it's appropriate....

Will
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 29
Great news, although I wish it were a little lighter. Abdominal surgery makes it hard to lug around that much.

davide
01-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Duck Dodgers's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in the 24½th Century!
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 439
There's a link at the bottom of those pages to an Acrobat brochure...in English!

01-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
Nice one Pentax... info uploaded to web in timely fashion.

FYI, retail prices:
K20D = €1300
K200D = €800

Compared to what I can buy current kits for:
K10D = €600
K100D Super = €460
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 102
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Hmmm. I didn't see that this has been posted over in the News forum.

Kill this thread if it's appropriate....

Will
So, Will, what's your verdict?

Are we going to still see you around?
01-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member
WMBP's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,496
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fireball Quote
So, Will, what's your verdict?

Are we going to still see you around?

Heh. Well, I don't have a "verdict." I mean, I've read a press release and Chris's (codiac's) excellent write up here. I have not seen or handled a K20D myself yet. But based on what I've read, I guess I'm going to stick with Pentax a while longer. If I had $10K to spend, I'd switch to Nikon. But I don't.

I expressed some other thoughts in the thread in response to Chris's write up, here:

www.pentaxforums.com/...#post160148

I'll probably place a pre-order in the next day or two. I do wish it were going to be released sooner.

Will
01-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 102
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Heh. Well, I don't have a "verdict." I mean, I've read a press release and Chris's (codiac's) excellent write up here. I have not seen or handled a K20D myself yet. But based on what I've read, I guess I'm going to stick with Pentax a while longer. If I had $10K to spend, I'd switch to Nikon. But I don't.

I expressed some other thoughts in the thread in response to Chris's write up, here:

www.pentaxforums.com/...#post160148

I'll probably place a pre-order in the next day or two. I do wish it were going to be released sooner.

Will
Post number 999, too =) Glad to see you will be sticking around, ya old fart

Need some guys like you to balance out the young ones like me, and to smack us into line when we need it.

Are you going to humble me with your 1 000th post?

01-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member
WMBP's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,496
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fireball Quote
Post number 999, too .... Are you going to humble me with your 1000th post?
Are you that easily humbled?

Will
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 102
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Are you that easily humbled?

Will
What can I say? Us under-20s are easily amused, with attention spans of...

Hey, look, flying pants!
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #11
Forum Member
budkid's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 68
finally...hard evidence.
01-24-2008, 01:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Jasvox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,110
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Nice one Pentax... info uploaded to web in timely fashion.

FYI, retail prices:
K20D = €1300
K200D = €800

Compared to what I can buy current kits for:
K10D = €600
K100D Super = €460


These are RETAIL prices for a camera which you cant even buy at the moment...give it 6-12 months after release and I bet you see the street prices MUCH more attractive.
01-25-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
These are RETAIL prices for a camera which you cant even buy at the moment...give it 6-12 months after release and I bet you see the street prices MUCH more attractive.
True enough, but when looking to buy now only prices available now really matter! Yesterday I found the K100D Super kit for even less than previously indicated, €400. So I bought it! Now an official Pentaxian.

Next up is the big lens hunt. And I'll be all ready for when the K20D or K30D or whatever the future brings come down in price.
01-25-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manila, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 86
Re:

I just went to the k20d special site. K20DƒXƒyƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒgbPENTAX and clicked on "lens". The first lens it showed was the DA 300 F4. I havent seen it attached to a K10/20D body before. Now that is one big hulking lens!!
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #15
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lancaster, PA.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,041
Great looking camera, and the specs are very interesting. I love the 300f4. To bad Ya can't get it on payments. After looking at the features It looks like Pentax has another great camera on board. Can't say I'll run right out and order one. But something to price in the future.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k20d, pentax, pentax web, photography, site
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-5 Web Site bobmaxja Pentax K-5 36 10-07-2010 04:56 AM
K20D Firmware Ver - Pentax Web Site Ver? ChipB Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 02-23-2010 04:14 PM
New web site mille19 Photographic Technique 6 04-01-2009 12:18 AM
New Web Site knumbnutz Photographic Technique 11 03-19-2009 10:05 AM
Web Site Help? Tom Lusk General Talk 8 06-09-2007 07:04 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top