Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K10D Shutter Count.

I looked through the manual in an attempt to find info on the camera's 'Shutter Counts', but could not find it. It is quite possible that I looked all over it, in my haste. But I am very interested in finding what the shutter count is for my camera. The camera shop advised me that it had come in just this past Thursday. I got the call to come in for mine, late afternoon, yesterday. I was excited that I really didn't think about it at the time, but the camera that I bought was one that they had put out on display. Now, I find it odd that they would sell the display camera to me, if they had boxed units in stock. And if a shipment had indeed come in, then it is highly doubtful that they would have sent just one camera body. Though the camera was in pristine condition, with no signs of wear - or usage - I am a little concerned that it may have been a return from a previous sale. Finding the actual shutter count (subtracting, of course, what I have put into it) would serve to either alleviate - or substantiate my fears. Advanced thanks.

12-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Someone was posting on DPReview earlier that there wasn't one, and that it should be added...so your search may be fruitless...
12-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

the camera's a little bit over a month old...i doubt the shutter's been released that much
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

this may sound silly but can't you just take a picture hit the review button and look at the LCD after taking a picture and in the top right corner doesn't it show the # you are on. It does this on my DS.

12-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Silly sounding? No..not at all. I'll eventually learn about all the little tricks, shortcuts & work-a-rounds that can be performed on this camera - as well as (hopefully) some consistency in taking good pics.

Thanks.
12-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Did it show you what you were looking for?
12-31-2006, 10:18 AM   #7

I'm sure it's available in some kind of maintenance menu, but it's surely some double secret hold buttons x and y down while powering up sequence that hasn't become public yet.

I had the same concern on my K100D being a return. The first image numbers were over 1000. I quit worrying about it. Shutters are good for 150K shots.

12-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Did it show you what you were looking for?
Yes it did...and thanks. After my very recent outing with the camera, I am showing 100-0146 in the upper right-side of the screen (which, I figure, represents just a hair over the number of shots that I have put through it). I am assuming, however, that the folder showing is the only one, and - (if that is the case) I feel a lot better about things. Regarding the concern over 'folders', I just finished browsing the manual for info on how to go about accessing other folders, if there were any created, but could find nothing to address that (unless I rode right over it . This leads me to think that any & all folders would automatically show a numerical addressing - if they were there.

So it appears that I am 'good to go', and that my worry was for naught.

Thanks again.
12-31-2006, 08:06 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just have a look at the card using Windows Explorer or Mac equivalent. It's just like browsing another disc. You'll see a "100" folder in there too which refers to the 100- you referred to above.