Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Charles Quote
Very interesting writeup. A good use of your time and thinking .

I have been unsure about the best way to use the strap sliders for years. Now I know. Thanks. The technique works well with my Watipi Bugle strap, even though the sliders do not appear to be tapered.

Jeff
Nice!

07-01-2012, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the coolest, most thoughtful Posts I've read here in a long time - probably since the early 2007 days when people were still writing teaching Posts. Thank you!
07-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One of the coolest, most thoughtful Posts I've read here in a long time - probably since the early 2007 days when people were still writing teaching Posts. Thank you!
Thanks! I prefer to write stuff like this!

07-01-2012, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice write-up.

07-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
A little write up I did.

I had some time on my hands.

The little things I think about sometimes.

The Mysteries of a Pentax Camera Strap

That's the Nikon way (spit)

07-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
That's the Nikon way (spit)
LOL..

I wonder if there is a story here!!!!!!
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice writeup on the straps. The pockets on the older straps that came with the Zx-30s and that era cameras are still useful today. They are just the right size for an SD card It sure would be nice if they brought that little feature back (I keep an older card in there because I have been known to leave the SD card in the computer - Doh!)
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LOL. I just opened up the K30 manual. Section 2, page 42. The attachment method is the same. However, on the K30 straps/lugs, the nubs are now gone. a sad day.

08-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Nice writeup on the straps. The pockets on the older straps that came with the Zx-30s and that era cameras are still useful today. They are just the right size for an SD card It sure would be nice if they brought that little feature back (I keep an older card in there because I have been known to leave the SD card in the computer - Doh!)
I wish they'd bring the pockets back. I've lost the eyepiece and hot shoe covers for my K10, and I'll probably lose them for my new K5.

BTW, I understand the purpose of the eyepiece cover, but why a hotshoe cover?

And remember back in the day when virtually every camera regardless of cost came with a "neverready" case? I have one for an old K1000, but it is miserable quality, some sort of thin plastic over what seems like low grade cardboard. After a little use it looks mangy. Ecch!
08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

The "nubs" have 2 uses on my MZ-S, adjust the date and time on the data back and rewind the film mid-roll.
Glenn.
Attached Images

08-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
I wish they'd bring the pockets back. I've lost the eyepiece and hot shoe covers for my K10, and I'll probably lose them for my new K5.

BTW, I understand the purpose of the eyepiece cover, but why a hotshoe cover?

Am guessing to keep the hotshot contacts from oxidizing or getting gunk on them. Yes, actually had (once....) a flash error due to oxidation on my Olympus OM1n flash shoe contacts (that camera had a removable hot shoe, so it was an easy fix - I have religiously used hot shoe covers on my bodies since, though - even acquires a handful of spares)

Now, eyepiece cover, never had an use for that...
08-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Am guessing to keep the hotshot contacts from oxidizing or getting gunk on them. Yes, actually had (once....) a flash error due to oxidation on my Olympus OM1n flash shoe contacts (that camera had a removable hot shoe, so it was an easy fix - I have religiously used hot shoe covers on my bodies since, though - even acquires a handful of spares)

Now, eyepiece cover, never had an use for that...
You've got a point about the hot shoe cover. I haven't had any oxidation problem, yet.

The eyepiece cover prevents light from entering through the eyepiece and influencing the camera's light meter reading. This is of concern if you're using the camera on a tripod, for example, since your eye and face won't be shading the eyepiece. As far as I know all auto exposure Pentaxes could be influenced in this way, except for the LX which meters off the film. The indicators in its viewfinder are produced by a secondary metering system and may or may not agree with what the film system produces.

Shooting with the right angle finder on my K10 or K5 I try to have a black film container handy, which I can then put over the eyepiece of the finder.
08-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
Veteran Member

You've got a point about the hot shoe cover. I haven't had any oxidation problem, yet.

The eyepiece cover prevents light from entering through the eyepiece and influencing the camera's light meter reading. This is of concern if you're using the camera on a tripod, for example, since your eye and face won't be shading the eyepiece. As far as I know all auto exposure Pentaxes could be influenced in this way, except for the LX which meters off the film. The indicators in its viewfinder are produced by a secondary metering system and may or may not agree with what the film system produces.

Shooting with the right angle finder on my K10 or K5 I try to have a black film container handy, which I can then put over the eyepiece of the finder.
Oh, I intellectualize what the eyepiece cover can be used for - just haven't really been in situations myself where it was actually useful

Shooting a lot with the right angle finder, though, and I use a film container there too.... FP4 the eyepiece cover doesnt fit and if it did would be more cumbersome
08-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Oh, I intellectualize what the eyepiece cover can be used for - just haven't really been in situations myself where it was actually useful

Shooting a lot with the right angle finder, though, and I use a film container there too.... FP4 the eyepiece cover doesnt fit and if it did would be more cumbersome

Great minds coming to the same solution!
08-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Great minds coming to the same solution!
Yeah, let's go with that