Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #1

Vivitar Series 1 600 and 285HV Voltages

FYI, tried to post this to the botzilla site or email it but it was a no go so thought I'd post it here.

Great site, thanks for the helpful information.

Iím a long time photographer, but late comer to DSLR.

Didnít have a clue about strobe voltages and grateful I didnít toss one of my 283ís on it!

I used a multimeter and checked the voltage on a Vivitar Series 1 600 MPO. 6.88v
Vivitar 285HV made in Japan is 8.65v.

Looks like a winner for the DSLR on both counts.

(I actually worked for a couple of big camera/lens/flash companies a long time ago and wouldnít have given trigger voltage a second thought if I had not stumbled across the warning trying to find out a little more about PTTL on the Series 1 600. Scary you could fry your DSLR with a flash!)

Hope this helps save someone else trouble, too!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography, post, series, site, time, vivitar, vivitar series, voltage, voltages