K20D on youtube

Pentax has released a youtube video on the K20D
YouTube - Pentax K20D

01-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by omega_66_x Quote
YouTube - Pentax K20D
Pretty nice. They added some useful features for more advanced users - of which I am not
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #3
Forum Member

good video..
01-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

He said a word in there that struck me. The word was evolution. The hype around this camera in the last few weeks had us believing that it would be a revolution, one that would make the bigger companies stand up and take notice. While the truth fell short of a revolution, IMO, the evolution is a nice one. It looks to be a great camera. Maybe people will talk about this new sensor like they do the Foveon - not for everyone, but in a world of it's own. It could certainly set apart Pentax in a way that using the same sensors as Sony and Nikon was never going to do.

Edit: just added the video to one of my home pages. What the heck, I'll help advertise.

Last edited by davemdsn; 01-24-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Added content.
01-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did anyone else react on that pentax is labeling this camera for "advanced photo enthusiasts", not at all mentioning professionals, does that mean they have something for the pros still to come?
01-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Pentax hasn't made a pro camera since the LX that wasn't medium format. Their mind set has always been that medium format is the true professional format. I can't see them offering a K1D and a 645D. If there is a pro Pentax on the horizon, I bet on the 645D. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing a K25D that had a less expensive sensor, but faster AF and fps for sports shooters.
01-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #7

Same design as K10D, same ergonomics, which I liked very much. No free angle LCD is a bit disappointing... I wonder why... It makes the LV feature much less useful.

01-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #8

Although the K20D is not a revolution it certainly sounds like a great improvement. I am impressed with Pentax in the way they have listened to what we wanted and I am flabergasted that they have actually done it - lets hope it works well in the real world.

What's this talk about Pentax and professional camera's?? I have never thought of Pentax as a pro camera and I have never seen them focus their attention in that area of the market athough davemdsn mentions one model.

Pentax camera's are for amatuers. I believe professional cameras are good for pros and amatuer cameras are good for amatuers - there is no shame not catering for the pro market and it certainly does not mean it is an inferior camera - and as we all know the Pentax does find its way into some pro's camera bags.

I want Pentax to stay just where it is - as an amatuer camera because I can trust it will meet my needs.

cheers
Keith
01-24-2008, 05:15 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Keith Quote
Although the K20D is not a revolution it certainly sounds like a great improvement. I am impressed with Pentax in the way they have listened to what we wanted and I am flabergasted that they have actually done it - lets hope it works well in the real world.
I'm not so sure I'd say they listened to us. I mean how many havn't complained about slow AF and that is one of the things they choose to not improve. I for one would happily forgo live view, iso6400 and more Mpixels for fast AF, I do not belive I'm alone.
01-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by blinxdk Quote
I'm not so sure I'd say they listened to us. I mean how many havn't complained about slow AF and that is one of the things they choose to not improve. I for one would happily forgo live view, iso6400 and more Mpixels for fast AF, I do not belive I'm alone.
Well, as for me, AF system is perfectly nice for me, fast enough, VERY accurate. As for FPS, that's what I don't care at all about. 3 is enough.
While LiveView is a very nice feature for me, as i like to shoot flowers close to the ground. Higher ISO is a great gain also, for night shots, and Mpixels - well, more megapixels means greater abilities to crop images, more means to go creative, so the more the better, as long as they dont reduce the details.

So K20D looks like "just for me" upgrade over K10D.

And you cannot make EVERYONE happy, right?
01-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by blinxdk Quote
Good point - maybe it has been tweaked and it will be good to see the first road test.

cheers
Keith
01-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #12
Forum Member

Wow! If I had only waited 7 more months. I would really love to have the K20D. Can't justify to my family on getting yet another camera beig that I just got the K10D, but I WANT IT! I haven't even mastered my K10D yet. Adding the PC sync socket is a big plus IMO. Anyone seen the price yet? Haven't seen it available on any online store yet.
01-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Boring clip and "promotion"! n/t

QuoteOriginally posted by omega_66_x Quote
YouTube - Pentax K20D
no text no text!
01-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #14

whoo hooo, a PC jack with a voltage buffer. I can use all my old flashes. Now just how much is this thing anyways.
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
no text no text!

What is your point?