Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FrancisK7 Quote

You're the one who read a response out of context and then offered a response oozing in arrogance and dipshit attitude. Even if what I had said was completely stupid for whatever reason, there are better ways to offer criticism. I know Internet standards for savoir-vivre are low, but this is a friendly forum. Remember that next time.
The irony just drips from that statement. Good advice for such a hypocrite. Remember it was you that called someone asinine, the debate was impersonal up until that point. You should apply every word of the above to your good self and remember it in future.

Last edited by Frogfish; 07-24-2012 at 09:45 PM.
07-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
But you were the first person to use the following words or phrases in this thread........

Asinine
troll
arsehole
oozing in arrogance
dipshit attitude
+1 - he has a short memory.
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
That's exactly my feelings and reasons why I switched to Nikon.
Are you happy about the switch?
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Are you happy about the switch?
Nikon isn't perfect either, however yes, I am definitely happy.

07-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

The K5's AF has failed me too many times that it prompted me to consider other options. So yes, I did have to account for the cost of a D800, versus the cost of my current equipment, so I can budget my year accordingly. I need an AF system I can trust completely. When I'm shooting with the K5, I'm always worried about the AF. For shooting anything that moves, AF.C is just a slap in the face.
Sounds like moving to a different system makes sense in this case then. What about the D700 though?....I was able to get a 5DII for half the price of a new 5DIII/D800 and it's allowing me to have both FF and K-5 for now....until I have to get a root canal or something crazy. Maybe I'll just sell a kidney or something.

But the 5DII isn't known for its AF either.
07-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #66

Anyone every try manually focusing? Just asking...

I manually shot a water polo game. I know, its not a dim lit high school stage but hustling to keep up with the action using an old Vivitar 70-210 push/pull provided a fun challenge. All I did was check my distance scale and anticipate the action. Had a lot of keepers too. And it was when I was a shooting noob.

All in all, I honestly manual focus when I need to track action, because I know my K7 and various lenses cannot keep pace. I trust my hands and my eyes ahellavuh lot more.
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Skullsroad Quote
Anyone every try manually focusing? Just asking...

I manually shot a water polo game. I know, its not a dim lit high school stage but hustling to keep up with the action using an old Vivitar 70-210 push/pull provided a fun challenge. All I did was check my distance scale and anticipate the action. Had a lot of keepers too. And it was when I was a shooting noob.

All in all, I honestly manual focus when I need to track action, because I know my K7 and various lenses cannot keep pace. I trust my hands and my eyes ahellavuh lot more.
Are you paid to shoot those water polo games and provide a certain minimum amount of tack sharp pictures to the client? Shooting manual is a fun challenge but it would stress me out a lot.

07-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #68

If there was the pressure of a paid shoot then hell yeah I would manually focus. Like I said, I don't trust the auto focus in poor lighting conditions, especially with the slowness of the DA* line. I understand the stresses of manually focusing, but I think its the lesser of the two evils. Constantly out of focus shots due to sub-par auto-focus would infuriate me ( it has ). I found that switching to manual calmed me down and I stopped blaming the equipment.

Oh and it would have been nice to be paid for the water polo games, but they were just going into the school paper.