Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #1

Problem with K100D...

I was shooting a wide variety of stuff, when the camera sort of "locked up." I looked at the LCD panel on the top of the camera, thinking the battery was going. The display indicated that the battery was fine. Other parts of the LCD were flashing, especially the number indicating the room left on the SD card (100+). Then it stopped. I pressed the shutter a couple times, and it "locked up" once again. After the third time, I pack it in, and dug out the manual. I can find nothing that refers to a warning flashing on the LCD. By the way, I do not remember flashing or signaling in the viewfinder.

Is this situation unique to me?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

07-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Just turn it off and remove the batteries, wait for a minute then put the batteries back in. Now turn the camera on, you should be fine.
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
That i can do. Thanks for the Quick Fix. I probably should have mentioned that it was 98 degrees F at the time. I know cold can cause battery problems. I do not know how they react to heat.

Thanks again.