Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had mine a little over 2 years, and nearly 38000 clicks. I've barely broken her in...

07-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #17

Original Poster
that is super sweet!!!!!
07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brownie Quote
I did learn the lesson of K-x vs KX, but I was too excited so my bad if I offend the experienced Pentax users.
No offense at all. But remember in many ways this is a gear head forum so sometimes we get particular about vocabulary. On the other hand also remember that this is an international forum with a wide range of experience. Some still use their film Pentax equipment so we have to make sure what everyone is talking about. The KX in case you did not know is a Pentax film era camera so it can get confusing.

But don't worry about things overmuch, this is a fun bunch with lots of good info to share.

By some strange coincidence my daughter in law just sent me a Kodak Brownie she bought at a garage sale. She knows I am into photography and her note says "its a little dusty but I am sure with cleaning it will work fine and you could use a second camera". I love her to pieces but sometimes I wonder what world she lives in.
07-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I've had mine a little over 2 years, and nearly 38000 clicks. I've barely broken her in...

38,000??? THAT is a lot of photos.

I'm at around 6,200 on the shutter count of my Kx and I thought that was getting up there.. only to discover I'm a lightweight.

At what is the shutter count this camera is rated?

07-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
at what is the shutter count this camera is rated?
100,000 - I kid you not...
07-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
mee
Veteran Member

That's a lot.
07-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
Veteran Member

16 500 on mine and still going strong.

07-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations and welcome to the crowd! K-x is a great camera. And +1 on the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. They are the best I've used by far.
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I tend to agree with folks in here that are saying that the K-x is one of the best DSLRs Pentax has made, I however upraded to a K-5 and my wife has inherited the K-x, she just loves that little camera, it still amazes me at the IQ it puts out, to me it has close to the same IQ as my K-5, however I really like the ease of use and all the extra options found on the K-5. I sometimes find myself picking up our K-x (as long as I dont change the settings. my wife hates it when I change the settings) and taking a few shots to remind myself just how wonderful a camera it really is. It being a small camera really fits my large hands just fine, it is so easy to use and is also a very forgiving camera. This camera will get you YEARS of use.......enjoy.
07-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! I've kept my K-x - it's just a great little camera! I'd suggest that you get a Rocket blower if you haven't already. AA batteries rock! Enjoy.
07-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Congrats on the K-x. I have two of them & have never wanted to upgrade. The image quality & ergonomics are outstanding. You'll love the excellent high ISO performance. It will let you get handheld and low light shots that you couldn't get with a lot of other cameras.

Docrwm's advice about getting a rocket blower is a good idea. I have the big Giottos rocket blower & it's the best $15 I've spent on photo gear. I use it constantly.

Cheers,
Bob :-)
07-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Congrats on the K-x. I have two of them & have never wanted to upgrade. The image quality & ergonomics are outstanding. You'll love the excellent high ISO performance. It will let you get handheld and low light shots that you couldn't get with a lot of other cameras.

Docrwm's advice about getting a rocket blower is a good idea. I have the big Giottos rocket blower & it's the best $15 I've spent on photo gear. I use it constantly.

Cheers,
Bob :-)
There was a thread around here somewhere with items that people considered essential kit for a dSLR. The Rocket blower was the most frequently mentioned item. I'd add a lens pen (I like the - GASP - Nikon Large+Small kit myself).
07-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I'd add a lens pen
Yep. They're certainly handy. I would also recommend microfiber lens cloths (super cheap on eBay) and a CleanSkies sensor brush as essential bits of kit. If you have a DSLR, sooner or later you're gonna have to clean the sensor. Might as well have something to do it safely with.
07-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Yep. They're certainly handy. I would also recommend microfiber lens cloths (super cheap on eBay) and a CleanSkies sensor brush as essential bits of kit. If you have a DSLR, sooner or later you're gonna have to clean the sensor. Might as well have something to do it safely with.
Looks like you're adding your 5th dSLR to the Pentax herd at your place. What's that ...3 K-x cameras?
07-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
What's that ...3 K-x cameras?
Ah... well... yeah. In my defense, number 3 is for my wife, though. She currently has a K100D & *ist DS. Gonna sell the *istDS.