Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing glam shots there. I wish I'm half as good with portraits... and as far as portraits go in my book I agree with benjikan. Do you have a blog?

07-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

This just makes me jealous!! I would say about 75% of the brides are more reluctant models. They want the portrait shots, but there is just so much going on it is hard for them to concentrate. Plus, rarely do I get a bride who wants to look sexy in her wedding portrait. And don't get me started on the grooms. They rarely loosen up.

Your work is awesome and really shows how you don't have to be Canikon in order to produce outstanding pro work. Please stop lurking on the forum and post more often, I would love to follow your work. And I second that question about if you have a blog. I would love to follow!
07-16-2012, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #18
Forum Member

Definitely not up to Vogue or Harper's Bazaar standards lol, but I'll play

You are now one of my heroes. I can't tell you how many times I've done "pentax, glamour" searches on flickr and such. Your contributions to the community are so welcome. Thank you!

Last edited by brandonbpm; 07-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I'm more envious now.

Come on guys, how do you do all these amazing portraits...? thanks for posting, I'm really inspired!

07-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brandonbpm Quote
Definitely not up to Vogue or Harper's Bazaar standards lol, but I'll play

You are now one of my heroes. I can't tell you how many times I've done "pentax, glamour" searches on flickr and such. Your contributions to the community are so welcome. Thank you!
Nice work mate! finally nice to see some more pentax photographers on this boat.

Sorry guys, my only blog is pretty worthless. You can find me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/sbglamourphotos for glamour photography and http://www.facebook.com/steve.broadbent for my family and other photography.

Thanks for all the love guys but i would really like to see some more glamour work from other pentax photographers
07-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #21

Original Poster
Flickr: S B Photos' Photostream

Here is my Flickr if anyone is into that sort of thing. don't use it much though....
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

thanks for the link!
07-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #23
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic work Steve. Beautiful in every way. Love all your work. Thanks for sharing it.

07-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most of the stuff is Pentax..Actually all of it is: Benjamin Kanarek | Official Website of Benjamin Kanarek Fashion Beauty and Commercial Photographer

Oh and our videos shot with the Kx and K-01: www.benjaminkanarekblog.com and http://benjaminkanarek.com/videos/
07-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Most of the stuff is Pentax..Actually all of it is: Benjamin Kanarek | Official Website of Benjamin Kanarek Fashion Beauty and Commercial Photographer

Oh and our videos shot with the Kx and K-01: Benjamin Kanarek Blog and Videos | Benjamin Kanarek

Love your work sir!
07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Good work. On our local forums there is also not a single one doing stuff like this.
07-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
Pentaxian

I think OP skill is pretty good
but my opinion about glamour or fashion photography is that it is not all about photographer
beside great model, the best photo of this kind need to have great hairstylist, make up artist, fashion designer, etc.
photographer here is depend on other profession. photographer alone could not make the best of this kind of photo.
07-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
I think OP skill is pretty good
but my opinion about glamour or fashion photography is that it is not all about photographer
beside great model, the best photo of this kind need to have great hairstylist, make up artist, fashion designer, etc.
photographer here is depend on other profession. photographer alone could not make the best of this kind of photo.
I agree with you completely. Retouching plays its part too. But this thread was created to show people's work in this genre, not to question it.

A great team is very valuable in this style of photography. Though a talented model on a per shoot basis, will get varying results based on the photographer's skill in directing/lighting/composing them.

In saying that, I owe a large thanks to everyone who has helped me over time in any shoot that I have done with their help. I could never have done these things without them. A team is only as wrong as it's weakest link.
07-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #29
Site Supporter

I'm thinking this post should be moved to the photo sharing forum, and probably tagged NSFW ...
07-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #30

I'll say awesome job, and yes, there is a big plus on the team and model, but you have to realize that who compose the scene is the photographer, and that most the time determine if the picture is good or not. That artistic eye is really important.

Anyway congratulations for taking so good Photos, and give us a eye candy.