Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #46

Very nice work, SB.
QuoteOriginally posted by sbroadbentphoto Quote
here is the new page link:
Sorry if this is kinda off-topic, but do you have any tips on how to deal with the mess facebook makes with your photos? Apart from the obvious jpeg artifacts, it seems to bump up the saturation and gamma, which is most obvious in the blacks.

Your shots do not seem to suffer as much from that problem, so I wonder if you have found a work around or if the content is just better suited for facebook publication than my dark concert shots.

Compare this:

to this:

10-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #47

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c-meier Quote
Very nice work, SB.

Sorry if this is kinda off-topic, but do you have any tips on how to deal with the mess facebook makes with your photos? Apart from the obvious jpeg artifacts, it seems to bump up the saturation and gamma, which is most obvious in the blacks.

Your shots do not seem to suffer as much from that problem, so I wonder if you have found a work around or if the content is just better suited for facebook publication than my dark concert shots.

Compare this:

to this:
Id say the grass is always greener. I think you may just have picked one of the least affected photos. I have the same struggle with saturated greens and blues. if you pump up the contrast or the saturation a little just for the copies that you will upload to Facebook. I do have very many that i have been rather unhappy with what Facebook compression did, then there are others that are not too bad. You win some you lose some!!
10-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
@ronhendricks
Haha your profile picture says it all haha. Does Facebook allow nude content? Nah i don't shoot that anyway :-P
See it now, since I'm not wanting to follow people who make such pictures, but I learned in the meantime that FB is very restrictive to some things.
03-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #49

Re: Pentax and glamour photography

Awesome photographs!! Love the simple ideas in posing the model and the choice of locations as well. The background of nature gives a refreshing perspective of the model.

03-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #50
Forum Member

Hi guys. I would just like to point out that i rarely see any glamour photographers using Pentax gear.
Well, that's pretty obvious, isn't it? You don't really get to see the Pentax gear in most genres of photography, because so few photogs, especially pros, are using them. People in the mainstream herd are using Canikons, be it glamour, fashion, or even landscape photography. But why would you let that bother you? You just lead the way and be a good example to others.

No doubt you've already seen and studied the work of one famous kiwi glamour photog who currently lives in Sydney. When you look at her photos and see how she works, you'll notice that the glamour photography in particular has little to do with the gear, and it's not the easiest of genres to do really well. Especially for us lads.
Nice pictures, btw.
03-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #51
Forum Member

forgot I was subscribed to this thread, might as well add a few more: