Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Sorry for the advertising but i am now moving all my glamour photography business to a page that you can like, instead of a profile.
Much more marketing options available, but for those who are interested, here is the new page link:
http://www.facebook.com/SbGlamourPhotography

08-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #32
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Will it contain nude content?

First look is very good!
08-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Steve,
Great shots mate. I'd love to have a go at some Glamour shots one day, but I'm sure the reality would be that it's a very difficult thing to get right.

Regards
08-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Will it contain nude content?
ROFL!

08-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #35
Forum Member

yeah, your facebook page is looking great. Some of the shots are looking a little too overboard on the retouching end for my liking, some seemingly unnatural skin textures (or lackthereof) and whiteness in the eye, or just the CRAZY unnatural eye pop that a lot of glamour people do (i normally like that though haha). But I don't know, it could just be my eye or just my personal preference. None of them look bad by any stretch though. I've learned through my own shots that many times with retouching, less is more, and subtle can be very charming. But like I said, you are one of my heroes and it is an honor to see your work and be a part of the same community as someone with your talent and with similar interests to me. Please keep up the great work, as long as there are beautiful people, there will always be a welcome place for what you do.
08-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #36

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brandonbpm Quote
yeah, your facebook page is looking great. Some of the shots are looking a little too overboard on the retouching end for my liking, some seemingly unnatural skin textures (or lackthereof) and whiteness in the eye, or just the CRAZY unnatural eye pop that a lot of glamour people do (i normally like that though haha). But I don't know, it could just be my eye or just my personal preference. None of them look bad by any stretch though. I've learned through my own shots that many times with retouching, less is more, and subtle can be very charming. But like I said, you are one of my heroes and it is an honor to see your work and be a part of the same community as someone with your talent and with similar interests to me. Please keep up the great work, as long as there are beautiful people, there will always be a welcome place for what you do.
Thats cool man, I do understand and appreciate what you are saying. Though It may surprise you how little i actually change the image from the original. I might try and post some before and afters for retouching if i get a chance. The other problem is the size of the images on the web. I make certain that i do not remove the skin texture.
I well see if i can get some up just for arguments sake. I do get to work with beautiful women so i won't take credit for that. The right lighting often removes the a lot of the visibility of blemishes.
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #37

Original Poster
@ronhendricks
Haha your profile picture says it all haha. Does Facebook allow nude content? Nah i don't shoot that anyway :-P

08-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #38

Original Poster
Here is an un-retouched image, all natural light. strangely enough, a white beanbag was used as a reflector.....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sbroadbentphoto Quote
Thats cool man, I do understand and appreciate what you are saying. Though It may surprise you how little i actually change the image from the original. I might try and post some before and afters for retouching if i get a chance. The other problem is the size of the images on the web. I make certain that i do not remove the skin texture.
I well see if i can get some up just for arguments sake. I do get to work with beautiful women so i won't take credit for that. The right lighting often removes the a lot of the visibility of blemishes.
I meant no harm or disrespect, I was simply stating my very humble opinion. Like I said I am a fan of your work and you are clearly good at what you do. Some pictures stuck out to me because of the post-processing that's all I'm saying, and usually, retouching is something that is usually supposed to remain unnoticed or at least not a distraction.

On another note, I'm always curious for suggestions of portrait lenses for pentax aps-c bodies, do you have any? I saw before that you think highly of the Sigma 85 f1.4, also what other ones have you found useful for your portraiture?
08-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #40

Original Poster
The sigma 105mm f2.8 is very sharp, the sigma 70-200mm f2.8 does pretty good but is big. My favourite is definitely the 85mm f1.4. I usually won't go any shorter than 70mm for portraits. 50mm seems to distort a little still. Don't worry I wasn't offended. Just letting people know that the finished product is very close to the original. I actually work with one model who has such flawless porcelain skin, it looks like she doesn't have pores. It is crazy how much it can vary person to person.

To get bright eyes, use a reflector instead of flash. It also gives really interesting and vivid catch lights and tends to make eyes look very saturated. When you do use the reflector though, use it in the shade and have the subject in the shade. Try different angles with the reflector to stop odd highlights coming from below.
08-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #41

This thread is very interesting.
@sbroadbentphoto:
I would like to share a thought with you. It is indeed true what you said that your kind of shooting is not as provocative as the picture that was posted that is not yours. But we have to admit that in all glamour photography there is some provocation. Obviously I'm not against it it's an integral part of it. I just think it should be pointed out.
08-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by sbroadbentphoto Quote
Hi guys. I would just like to point out that i rarely see any glamour photographers using Pentax gear. I have been using Pentax since the K10D and have been shooting glamour for about 5-6 years along with many other genres of photography.

I would love to see any other people's work in glamour photography with Pentax gear. I currently use the K5 as main body and K7 as a backup and a whole lot of sigma lenses with my favourite being their 85mm f1.4.

I will post some of my glamour work and a link to a guys work who frequently does cover shoots for the likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazines over in france.
Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem

Please post your photos too
Please check out my gallery to see more

very nice shots.

one from me. Is that glamorous enough?

btw shot with K20D and Super Takumar 50 f/1.4
08-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #43

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NoMaD_PS Quote
very nice shots.

one from me. Is that glamorous enough?

btw shot with K20D and Super Takumar 50 f/1.4

Nice!
Very nice!
Got any more that you want to put up or link me to where you hide the rest of them?
10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #44

Original Poster
Here are some glamour shots from a shoot I did. The models name is Claire. Great to work with. Only the slightest bit of airbrushing was done on the last shot. the rest are 100% natural and have only had minor global colour and brightness/contrast adjustments. I punched up saturation the green, blue and pink channels to get the poppy colours. All photos were only edited in Lightroom 3
Lighting info:
I had a light firing bare from behind the model from the left and raised to simulate afternoon or morning sun. at the front in the first 2 or i used a beauty dish about 1m above the camera. on the last 2 shots i removed the beauty dish and had a large gold reflector in front of the model to the right of the camera.

Camera was the Pentax K30
Lens used was the sigma 85mm f1.4
Lights used were Bowens Esprit 1000ws with a Glanz leadpower battery generator.
However i could probably do the same thing with speed lights, the studio strobes have faster recycle times.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by sbroadbentphoto; 10-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.
10-08-2012, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #45
Forum Member

great shots, and great location too!