Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-15-2012, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax and glamour photography.

Hi guys. I would just like to point out that i rarely see any glamour photographers using Pentax gear. I have been using Pentax since the K10D and have been shooting glamour for about 5-6 years along with many other genres of photography.

I would love to see any other people's work in glamour photography with Pentax gear. I currently use the K5 as main body and K7 as a backup and a whole lot of sigma lenses with my favourite being their 85mm f1.4.

I will post some of my glamour work and a link to a guys work who frequently does cover shoots for the likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazines over in france.
Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem

Please post your photos too
Please check out my gallery to see more

07-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sbroadbentphoto Quote
link to a guys work who frequently does cover shoots for the likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazines over in france.
Great photos bro, and for that guy, you mean Benjamin Kanarek haha I know him although he doesn't know me, he is a beast and so are you.
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words Dave. Though I am far from his league!
07-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

Wow! I am impressed. Welcome to the community and keep them posting

07-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

They are very good.
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I have kind of been loitering around here for a long time but rarely post anything...... I believe i have put up as many photos as i am allowed to on here.
You can see more of my work here:

O would love to see some other people's work too
07-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi guys. I would just like to point out that i rarely see any glamour photographers using Pentax gear. I have been using Pentax since the K10D and have been shooting glamour for about 5-6 years along with many other genres of photography.

I would love to see any other people's work in glamour photography with Pentax gear. I currently use the K5 as main body and K7 as a backup and a whole lot of sigma lenses with my favourite being their 85mm f1.4.

I will post some of my glamour work and a link to a guys work who frequently does cover shoots for the likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazines over in france.
Actually, Benjamin Kanarek is a member here and yes, we do encounter him from time to time....

07-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice photos!

Looks like you have a pretty rough gig! I'm sure it's hard work, my sarcasm isn't meant to suggest it's cakewalk, but you have to admit that a job photographing beautiful women has it's perks.
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

BTW, I'm always happy to see working photographers rocking Pentax! Especially when they're putting out quality images.
07-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #10

Original Poster
Oh yes it's a tough gig. No one lets me live it down. All that Champagne and flirting on set...... All jokes aside. It can be when you are carrying my lighting and power generator 500m and more from the car by myself. I'd make the model help but i don't want her all sweaty and tired. I make her carry things back to the car though

It is very enjoyable being able to create photos that show women in a beautiful light so that others can appreciate it.

Shoots are nothing like most people expect them to be though. Very professional, very results driven and a lot of directing. There is no flirting or pampering like people think. It is all about helping the model feel comfortable and bringing out their personality in shots. I struggle to get anything good when I don't spend any time learning about the model because i will not be able to show their personality in the shots.
07-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
Forum Member

Oh my, seems to be getting hot around here, may be something to do with this lady from your website Jessie Shannon

But moving on to photography for a minute, that third shot of yours with the model reclining in the sea is fantastic.
07-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveUK Quote
Oh my, seems to be getting hot around here, may be something to do with this lady from your website Jessie Shannon

But moving on to photography for a minute, that third shot of yours with the model reclining in the sea is fantastic.
Haha that isn't one of my photos. I don't shoot such provocative stuff!
That is a model/photographer (and many other industry people) networking site. So there are MANY different photos from many different people that have nothing to do with me.
07-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #13

Oh yes it's a tough gig. No one lets me live it down. All that Champagne and flirting on set...... All jokes aside. It can be when you are carrying my lighting and power generator 500m and more from the car by myself. I'd make the model help but i don't want her all sweaty and tired. I make her carry things back to the car though

It is very enjoyable being able to create photos that show women in a beautiful light so that others can appreciate it.

Shoots are nothing like most people expect them to be though. Very professional, very results driven and a lot of directing. There is no flirting or pampering like people think. It is all about helping the model feel comfortable and bringing out their personality in shots. I struggle to get anything good when I don't spend any time learning about the model because i will not be able to show their personality in the shots.
Thanks for shattering my image of what glamour photography is like.

Joking aside though, I'm really curious and interested in learning about what it's like to do what you do. If you ever decide to write up on the experience, I'd love to take a read!
07-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Some really lovely work of some stunningly beautiful women. Post more often - none of my 'birds' are like these
07-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 0rangepeel Quote
Thanks for shattering my image of what glamour photography is like.

Joking aside though, I'm really curious and interested in learning about what it's like to do what you do. If you ever decide to write up on the experience, I'd love to take a read!
Well don't I have just the thing for you!

Sigma Australia did an interview with me about my glamour photography work.

SIGMA PHOTO AUSTRALIA - FOCUSED PHOTOGRAPHER PROFILE SERIES - STEVE BROADBENT | Facebook

Pentax Australia did the same sort of thing with my family photography
You can also see this on the pentax.com.au website if you go to their blog and scroll down far enough.

"Master Class Interview Sessions" - Steve Broadbent | Facebook