Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Warranty worries about my Pentax's

I am going to move to my new house in Burnsville, Minnesota in probably 2 weeks at most. I just recently bought a K-5 with 18-55 WR kit as well as a DA* 50-135 f2.8 lens at BHPhotovideo, owning both for no longer than a month. I love them both, however the K-5 and 50-135 camera and lenses has had some history of issues by other people, I could worry less about the K-5 as its normally the older serial numbers that are affected. I have both the receipts covering both the camera kit and lens showing my Apple Valley, Minnesota address. If anything were to happen, how would I get these into repair and back to me with the warranty still standing if the addresses are different? My new house in Burnsville, MN is just literally 15 minutes away from my old house in Apple Valley, MN.

07-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you make a warranty claim they will ask for current address.
People move all the time.
07-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you will be fine. The big thing is to have a copy of the receipt. My experience with Pentax warranty service has really been good.