Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The batteries I got with my camera died within about 30 mins of shooting. I have shot close to 1000 shots with my eneloops and they still show full battery charge on the top view screem

04-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by demoleman Quote
I start getting sick of this!

Thinking I bought a camera where I can put in every battery I want and not the ones Pentax want.

I read on several other website there are people who can't get any brand of Battery empty, making 1000+ photos witha simpel charge (2700mAh)

So whats happening here.Why don't they just offer a new firmware to solve this major problem!

I orderded eneloop batteries In the US, how ridiculious and I don't think anymore those are gonna make me happy.Dang I wish I just had bought a camera with *GOOD* battery life. This really Sucks! I am NOT busy anymore with taking photo's but with charging, discharging and testing batteries.
Let us know how you get on after your eneloops arrive. I am guessing that your "problems" will all go away and life will be beautiful.

I believe there are now other batteries with the Eneloop qualities available ( a search should reveal the names), I'll be very surprised if you cant find them closer to home.

Cheers
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Let us know how you get on after your eneloops arrive. I am guessing that your "problems" will all go away and life will be beautiful.

I believe there are now other batteries with the Eneloop qualities available ( a search should reveal the names), I'll be very surprised if you cant find them closer to home.

Cheers
I don't believe in it anymore. I still think Pentax has to solve this. For now this is my last Pentax.
I think only Varta Ready2use I don't think Memorex Memoready is available

Same specs, charged when bought and low self discharge. Since I have to send back the Varta Photo Accu (2700mAh) I will ask them to send me back the ready2use. Also 2 package of Eneloop are on their way from the US to me.

At this moment I have answered Pentax's reply to my mail

Last edited by demoleman; 04-15-2008 at 04:49 PM.
04-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #64

More Eneloops (look-a-like) batteries

Duracell precharged

left Duracell and right Eneloops, Duracell made by Sanyo?

Ansman MaxE

Last edited by demoleman; 04-15-2008 at 06:15 PM.
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #65

Nickel-metal hydride batteries lose their charge rather quickly even out of the camera. The are great for active shoots, (100s of shots in a few weeks or less) but stink if you want the camera (or any other device) ready at a moments notice after prolonged storage. For that, use CRV-3 and switch back to NiMH when you have a schedulable active shoot.

I purchase my NiMH batteries here.

AA rechargeable battery,Ni-Mh AA rechargeable battery,Ni-Cd AA rechargeable battery, aa battery charger,

Good shrink packs for phones, shavers, etc. too
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by Aperture Quote
Nickel-metal hydride batteries lose their charge rather quickly even out of the camera. The are great for active shoots, (100s of shots in a few weeks or less) but stink if you want the camera (or any other device) ready at a moments notice after prolonged storage. For that, use CRV-3 and switch back to NiMH when you have a schedulable active shoot.

I purchase my NiMH batteries here.

AA rechargeable battery,Ni-Mh AA rechargeable battery,Ni-Cd AA rechargeable battery, aa battery charger,

Good shrink packs for phones, shavers, etc. too
Thanks but I am only using NiHm, see the last message. The eneloop look-a-like hold their charged, see the above duracelll, ansman, Panansonic, sanyo, Varta ready2use and memoready. Their are all 2000 or 2100mAh and have a low self discharge. As I said before. I had NO poblems what o ever in my previous prosumer camera's (Canon, Fuji and even the EI2000) with no brands nihm battery!
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #67
Veteran Member

I don't believe in it anymore. I still think Pentax has to solve this. For now this is my last Pentax.
I think only Varta Ready2use I don't think Memorex Memoready is available

Same specs, charged when bought and low self discharge. Since I have to send back the Varta Photo Accu (2700mAh) I will ask them to send me back the ready2use. Also 2 package of Eneloop are on their way from the US to me.

At this moment I have answered Pentax's reply to my mail
ANY camera would eat regular alkaline batteries, not JUST Pentax, My Minolta point and shoot eats regular alkalines too, you NEED good rechargeables, meaning Sanyo Eneloops, or Ray O Vac Hybrids, I have Ray O Vacs in my K110D, and they have been in there for at least 3 months, and still show a full charge, I have probably taken 200 shots with them.
04-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #68

Photos: Gallery
Eneloops all the way

A couple of thoughts on batteries. I, too, had trouble when first using my K100D.

I think the Pentax is fussy about the power from it's batteries. A set that works fine in my Olympus C-750 would show dead after 3 shots with the Pentax. A brand new set of Energizer NiMH's, freshly charged, showed dead when inserted in the camera (these Engergizers are junk, it seems).

The Kodak NiMH's I have work pretty well if charged with a smart charger - I got a LaCrosse BC-900. Eneloops beat the Kodaks by far, however. I have not tried the Rayovac hybrids, but it sounds like they are good, also. Hybrid batteries and a smart charger are an investment, but the aggravation of dead batteries will be gone!

Alan

04-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I start getting sick of this!

Thinking I bought a camera where I can put in every battery I want and not the ones Pentax want.

I read on several other website there are people who can't get any brand of Battery empty, making 1000+ photos witha simpel charge (2700mAh)

So whats happening here.Why don't they just offer a new firmware to solve this major problem!

I orderded eneloop batteries In the US, how ridiculious and I don't think anymore those are gonna make me happy.Dang I wish I just had bought a camera with *GOOD* battery life. This really Sucks! I am NOT busy anymore with taking photo's but with charging, discharging and testing batteries.
For those outside the US, and having trouble finding Eneloops, a good alternative is Uniross Hybrios.
Uniross is a French company, and the low self-discharge batteries are easily available in Europe and Asia

I bought Energizer NimH batteries when I first had the K100D, not knowing any better - and caused me a lot of aggravation. Pretty much solved after I started using Uniross Hybrios.
04-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
ANY camera would eat regular alkaline batteries, not JUST Pentax, My Minolta point and shoot eats regular alkalines too,
I never used Alkaline, ONLY recharcheables
QuoteQuote:
you NEED good rechargeables, meaning Sanyo Eneloops,
As I wrote 8 cells are on their way.
QuoteQuote:
or Ray O Vac Hybrids
(Varta),
QuoteQuote:
I have Ray O Vacs in my K110D, and they have been in there for at least 3 months, and still show a full charge, I have probably taken 200 shots with them.
Great I could do that too wioth my previous consumer camera, like my old Minolta Z10 and My old Pentax EI2000 Not with the K100D Super. We wait and see.

@kittekat46

Uniross is not a wide spread brand in Europe. I can get the normal nimh but not the Uniross Hybrios. ALL of those batteries are not widely spread yet in the Netherlands. I meanwhile have visit many shops. Most used in the Netherlands is GP
04-16-2008, 04:39 AM   #71

Pentax has ask me to bring in the camera.
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #72

I wonder why I hear nobody say "Yeah you're right. I also want to be able to use ANY brand of nimh battery I want"

Now suppose the eneloops, or look-a-likes weren't there. How would you feel? Probely the same as I do since all those beatifull low self discharge batteries arn't widely available here (yeah)

I haven't see one of them yet in the shops, no Sanyo, No, Duracell, no Varta, no memorex, no Panasonic Otherwise I already would have bough a set to try out!

btw I myself wonder (others do too) if it is wise to use 6v (CR3V) in those camera's

Found These tests (dpreview) of all kinds of nimh batteries. Average self discharge is 30% (normal nimh) a month!

Last edited by demoleman; 04-16-2008 at 03:12 PM.
04-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #73
Veteran Member

My Minolta doesn't do well with Energizers either, UNLESS I charge them the DAY I use the camera, if I let them sit for a week or two, they don't last long at all, that's why i switched to Eneloops, and tried the Ray O Vacs, and I am glad I did, and you will be too Once the Eneloops arrive, you will forget all about battery problems....
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
My Minolta doesn't do well with Energizers either, UNLESS I charge them the DAY I use the camera, if I let them sit for a week or two, they don't last long at all, that's why i switched to Eneloops, and tried the Ray O Vacs, and I am glad I did, and you will be too Once the Eneloops arrive, you will forget all about battery problems....
I hope so. I am NOT gonna wait. I found the HAPE brand also offers, 2200mAh, low selfdischarge (the red ones) probely Sanyo made too.Did'nt found them yet without charger. GP recyko's are the same but very expensive $35 for a set of 4 I think I will go for the Ansman
Even if they do work. I like to decide what brand batteries I will put in!

I am not going to the K10D/20D or 200D in the future

"startklaar"means "Ready2use"
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #75
Veteran Member

I hope they work well for you !