Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #76

Btw, those of you in the US that use Energizer e2 Lithiums, Sam's Club has a great price on 12 packs of these for under $20. This is about 30% less than most local retailers.

04-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #77

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I hope they work well for you !
Thanks man.

I just bought a package of Panasonic Infinium

Last edited by demoleman; 04-17-2008 at 06:29 AM.
04-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #78
LDB
Forum Member

I didn't read all 6 pages so this may be covered already. Batteries need to be matched. In other words, where the OP sounded like there were a pair of 2700 and a pair of 2000 in the camera, that isn't good. Also, in an application of multiple batteries, the sum is only as good as the weakest link so if any 1 of the 4 batteries is weak it will pull the other 3 down with it. I know having good equipment was mentioned early on. I don't know if MAHA was mentioned but they have a charging/conditioning system that will ensure the strongest/longest life out of your batteries. It isn't cheap but the long term savings in batteries will pay for it. Good luck.
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by LDB Quote
I didn't read all 6 pages so this may be covered already. Batteries need to be matched. In other words, where the OP sounded like there were a pair of 2700 and a pair of 2000 in the camera, that isn't good. Also, in an application of multiple batteries, the sum is only as good as the weakest link so if any 1 of the 4 batteries is weak it will pull the other 3 down with it. I know having good equipment was mentioned early on. I don't know if MAHA was mentioned but they have a charging/conditioning system that will ensure the strongest/longest life out of your batteries. It isn't cheap but the long term savings in batteries will pay for it. Good luck.
That's true, in a scenario like that, the weak batteries can even go into the negative (and reverse polarity). In a multiple battery scenario, this usually isn't enough to harm electronics, but it sure can trash a NiMH cell.

04-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by tbone-ike Quote
That's true, in a scenario like that, the weak batteries can even go into the negative (and reverse polarity). In a multiple battery scenario, this usually isn't enough to harm electronics, but it sure can trash a NiMH cell.
That's already known from the old NiCd cells which had a very low self discharge.Maha is not (yet) available in the netherlands.
And please don't forget we pay tax here, 19%
04-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #81
Forum Member

I use this maha/powerex kit & am thrilled with the performance of the batteries & charger. I haven't had a chance to use the Eneloops but at this point I have no reason to switch.
04-18-2008, 02:16 AM   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by arthur pappas Quote
I use this maha/powerex kit & am thrilled with the performance of the batteries & charger. I haven't had a chance to use the Eneloops but at this point I have no reason to switch.
Strange this problem is so different per camera
04-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #83

I am still amazed about those "Magic"batteries. Or are they Magic?
Theye are in my camera for days now. I shoot a lot of pictures also with flash and the indicator still is full

04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So the Panasonic batteries are working out for you then? I know it has been a hard journey but congrats!
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
So the Panasonic batteries are working out for you then? I know it has been a hard journey but congrats!
I haven't tried those yet.They will work.
I was talking about the "china made Magic batteries", normal NiMH's of 2500/2700mAh
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #86

I originally had problems with batteries, but I've purchased several sets of the Kodak precharged/low discharge type rechargeable and they have excellent characteristics in the k100d.
04-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by spanky12 Quote
I originally had problems with batteries, but I've purchased several sets of the Kodak precharged/low discharge type rechargeable and they have excellent characteristics in the k100d.
That wasn't my point and ALL those preloaded rechargable works good. I never ever had a camera I needed special sets of batteries for. Suppose those preloaded would not have been there? What batteries would you have used then?
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by demoleman Quote
That wasn't my point and ALL those preloaded rechargable works good. I never ever had a camera I needed special sets of batteries for. Suppose those preloaded would not have been there? What batteries would you have used then?
Look at the bright side.
There is no other brand of dSLR which gives you any choice at all - Canon, Nikon, Oly, etc. all use proprietary batteries which you have to recharge off the mains.

The batteries on my K100D when flat on me at 11 pm at a gathering one night.
I continued shooting a decent number of shots with Alkaline AAs I bought at a corner 24-hour convenience store.
That's unbeatable flexibility to me.
04-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
Look at the bright side.
There is no other brand of dSLR which gives you any choice at all - Canon, Nikon, Oly, etc. all use proprietary batteries which you have to recharge off the mains.

The batteries on my K100D when flat on me at 11 pm at a gathering one night.
I continued shooting a decent number of shots with Alkaline AAs I bought at a corner 24-hour convenience store.
That's unbeatable flexibility to me.
AGREED! Plus, all rechargeable batteries go bad after a while. It's nice to be able to replace rechargeable AA's so easily and inexpensives (vs proprietary size)!
One of the things I love about my new K200D!
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by tbone-ike Quote
AGREED! Plus, all rechargeable batteries go bad after a while. It's nice to be able to replace rechargeable AA's so easily and inexpensives (vs proprietary size)!
One of the things I love about my new K200D!
I never had to replace them. Buy good onces. Pentax had a good system with their EI-2000
Put in a their proprietary batterij. When it runs out, get it out, put in the AA adapter and the cells, READY!

"A definite plus point is that the camera is supplied with a long life lithium ion rechargeable battery and even if that goes flat you can replace it temporarily with a set of four AA batteries."