Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Noticeable shutter sound, Pentak K5 plus Pentax M 135mm/3.5

Hi. I received today my new (used) M 135mm/3.5 lens that I bought online. I immediately tried it on my Pentax K5 before going to work this afternoon. While it performed as expected, I noticed an audible sound whenever I pressed the shutter. Camera was set on Manual and I used the Green button before shooting. With my other lenses, the K5 is really quiet. Any idea why this was happening? I am at work tonight (Sydney) and will try the lens on my K7 when I get home in the morning and see what happens. In the meantime, I will appreciated reading your comments. Thanks and regards.

07-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got the same combo.
Whilst I haven't noticed any sound out of the norm, for some reason it underexposed really badly, to the point where I stopped using this lens on my k-5 and only use it on the k10 where exposure is fine, as good as can be expected.
I've used several manual lenses on my k-5 and I've no idea why the 135 performs this way...
Sorry I can't be of help, but just wondering if, for some reason, these two just don't match up well.
07-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
, for some reason it underexposed really badly, to the point where I stopped using this lens on my k-5 and only use it on the k10 where exposure is fine, as good as can be expected.
I've used several manual lenses on my k-5 and I've no idea why the 135 performs this way...
Thanks for your reply, Mickey. You're always helpful. Other than unusual shutter sound that I noticed, the combo appeared to over-expose a bit. I will do some more test shots tomorrow, including pairing it with my K7. BTW, the lens is really "cute" for a 135mm.
07-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have the SMC M 135mm/3.5 and use it on my Km and Kr, seems to expose correctly and no strange shutter sound. It is a nice small lens and sharp.

Hans

07-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The sound dampening and the aperture lever sound is going to be more or less for some lenses, so some variability is normal. Is the lens particularly "clanky" when manually moving the aperture lever (quickly)?