Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Rich, that bag will work if you just want to carry the camera and one lens (and few accessories). I might look for something just a tiny bit bigger and more versatile. I've never found a holster-style bag like that terribly convenient. YMMV.

01-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #32

If the grip is the least bit of interest to you get one that will at least hold the camera and your primary lens with the grip still attached.

As for the function and cost of the grip, I'd have to say it is excellent in function and especially at the price they charge especially compare to their Z-1p grip. Not only does the grip give added basic holding power and mass for stability, you also get extra battery power, shooting in the vertical orientation with the shutter and aperature controls at your fingers. It also holds a spare memory card and a remote trigger, and with it's battery managment settings on the camera it is just great.

This summer recently added a LowPro sling style backpack to my collection of bags. I quite like it.

Lots of lens, lots of bags, lots of accessories, many bodies - a good consumers goal.
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoy your new K10! I am still learning mine from my purchase of one week ago.
As for the batteries mine is still going strong after using it a lot this past week. One of the reasons I purchased the K10 was the fact it is weather protected, could use some of my lens and plus I like the mirror lock-up feature for long exposures and macro shooting. Love the shake reduction! I believe it is better than the anti-shake on my wife's Minolta A200 which I enjoy using too.
GR
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #34
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
Rich, that bag will work if you just want to carry the camera and one lens (and few accessories). I might look for something just a tiny bit bigger and more versatile. I've never found a holster-style bag like that terribly convenient. YMMV.
Hmm it's really tough choosing a bag... how many " leeway is best for the camera bag to fit... about 4.5"? I was looking at the Lowepro Nova 3 too...

I also need a quick carry bag suitable for only the camera + lens... hence why I was looking at the Tamrac series here Tamrac - Model 5627 Pro Digital Zoom 7

or what about a Lowepro toploader like one of these? Lowepro - All-Weather

QuoteOriginally posted by grcolts Quote
Enjoy your new K10! I am still learning mine from my purchase of one week ago.
As for the batteries mine is still going strong after using it a lot this past week. One of the reasons I purchased the K10 was the fact it is weather protected, could use some of my lens and plus I like the mirror lock-up feature for long exposures and macro shooting. Love the shake reduction! I believe it is better than the anti-shake on my wife's Minolta A200 which I enjoy using too.
GR
Haven't been this cuffed with a new toy in ages mate. Image quality is astounding and it is light years ahead of the compact digitals im used to... another world!

All I need now is the Tamron 90mm 1:1 macro lens and I am set...

Pretty annoyed the Sigma 150mm macro isn't available for Pentax though...

01-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For bags I recommend the Lowepro Slingshot 200...

I also have from Lowepro
- Mini Trekkor
- Nova 2
- Nova 4
- Photo Runner

And the Slingshot is easily the best.. comfortable on your back but still easy to get at..

It took me a few tries to get the perfect bag ;-) Though I still need the mini trekkor for holidays to take everything with me (base camp bag so to speak)..
01-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by Richdog Quote
Hmm it's really tough choosing a bag...
or what about a Lowepro toploader like one of these? Lowepro - All-Weather

Without going home and looking in my gear corner I think I have 8 different lowepro bags, 2 of which are toploader models. I like the Toploaders. One of mine has a chest harness set-up which I have used a few times but mostly just the shoulder strap adn regularly with a belt to stabalize it too.

Slingshot 200 is my new regular bag. With room for my camera with grip and lens, and room for extra lenses, and or flash, expodisc, couple other filters, batteries, memory, and a couple other odds and ends like chargers, and of course the personal requirement for an a/w covering. I will often times have an 80-320, 28-200, 10-17, 16-45, 100 macro, 50 1.4, body w/grip, and the 540 flash in a Lowepro lens bag attached to the front of the bag when I am going on a mini-excursion. I love the fact that you can slide it off your back and around to your chest/belly to get access to the bag without having to take it off, and generally not worry about gear falling out as soon as you open a zipper, though you still can't open it all the way in this position.