Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
The K-30 has a port for wired remote.
Really? I just handled 3 of them last night, where is the port?

08-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Really? I just handled 3 of them last night, where is the port?
From Imaging Resource review:

"To the right you can see the SD card door, quite obviously sealed against water, and below that is a rubber door, also well-sealed, for the remote control unit."

Pentax K-30 Camera - Initial Test
08-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"To the right you can see the SD card door, quite obviously sealed against water, and below that is a rubber door, also well-sealed, for the remote control unit."
For many its a small item, but with the K5 and now with the K30 following suit, Pentax moved the connecting port for the wired remote from the left hand side to the right hand side of the camera body. For me this small insignificance modification has made life a bit simpler. I just keep an L bracket on my body all the time. With my K20, I essentially needed to keep the wired remote connected all the time, in that with the L bracket in place, it was difficult - essentially impossible to disconnect the wired remote.

With the wired remote connection on the right hand side of the body, the L bracket is no longer there to interfere. Its just a little thing....

08-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Pentax K-30 Camera - Initial Test
Bottom right next to the SD access indicator? Ok, found it in the manual online. Thanks. Misinformation is a terrible thing and I did not find that last night. Appreciate it.

08-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Bottom right next to the SD access indicator?
I can't tell from your description whether you see it. The door for the remote port is directly below the door for the SD card. You can see the slot for your fingernail, at bottom right in the photo I linked.
08-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I can't tell from your description whether you see it. The door for the remote port is directly below the door for the SD card. You can see the slot for your fingernail, at bottom right in the photo I linked.
Yes, I saw it after you pointed it out. I'm still adjusting from the remote cable ports having been moved from the top front left of the camera and didn't notice it last night. Thanks.
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #37

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Will my VC28 video cable work with the K-30 ? I tried to use it for picture previews on my TV but it didnt work . Does the new cable just support video or can you dislay photos with the K-30 ? It was a fun feature with my K2000 displaying photos on my big screen tv after family events . Quality wasnt great but it was fun for all .

08-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote
I too am struggling between K5 and K30. The new focus peaking is "peaking" my curiosity, though. I think it will be a HUGE advantage since I use MF lenses only.
Couple that with the fast refresh rate of the K-30's screen, and the LCD will soon look like a focus-peaking big viewfinder