Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Telescope help

I am trying to use my K10 with my Bushnell telescope. I purchased a T-ring and an adapter which appear to fit both. However, I cannot get anything to focus in the view finder of the k10 when everything is installed. Yes, I am in manual focus setting on the k10. If I replace the camera/adapter with a normal eyepiece, the telscope will focus without a problem. So what am I doing wrong?

Is there supposed to be any glass in the addapter? The t-ring and adapter are just a hollow tube.

01-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeepJockey Quote
I purchased a T-ring and an adapter which appear to fit both.
I used to do Astrophotography with a Pentax MX and Meade 8" SG telescope. Obviously you need to focus with the telescope, but are you sure that T-ring and adapter are for that exact 'scope and camera? It appears from your comment above that you are not sure.

There are different types: Simple T-adapter, "eyepiece projection" off-axis guider, etc. If the length of the T-ring+adapter is not the correct one for that specific make of telescope, then you will have trouble focussing.
01-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with PentaxPoke.

I have a celestron C90 spotting scope, it comes with a camera adaptor, and T mount for different cameras. The adaptor is set to a specific distance so that the 'scope can focus at the film / sensor plane. the T mount takes the thread from the adaptor and converts it to bayinette mount
01-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Both the t-ring and cadapter are Bushnell items. The t-ring is for the pentax K moun. It appears that Bushnell makes only one adapter for the 1.25" eyepiece and does not specify any specific model telescope that they sell.

However, it does sound like the length of the tube may be wrong. However there is no way to change this.

Thanks for the help.

01-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the t mount for my C90 is preset, BUT is in two parts, with a collar that can be loosened to change the length. ALso the C90 can focus well past infinity, so accuracy of length is not really a killer, but I am surprosed you can't focus. have you gone to the bushnel site?
01-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I have a Bausch and Lomb Discoverer 15-60x60mm terrestrial telescope for which I bought the adapter and T ring. In the instructions, it said to screw the eyepiece completely out, attach the hollow tube adapter, and then the T ring.

Possibly, you’re not setting the eyepiece at the correct spot. Do you have your instructions? See if the eyepiece is movable.