Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
any pentax stores in Chicago area?

I'm visiting Chicago this weekend and early next week, and I wonder if there's any camera stores that would have Pentax cameras and lenses in the area. I'll be in the NW suburbs, and in the downtown area.
- Sheldon

08-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's see...

Camera Craft in Rockford; they're supposed to have a nice selection. Welcome to Camera Craft!
Holiday Camera in Oak Park Holiday Camera Oak Park
Central Camera on Wacker in Chicago Central Camera Company
Helix Camera on Racine in Chicago Helix Camera & Video (last time I was there, they had very little to offer from Pentax)
PJ's Camera in Glen Ellyn http://www.pjcamera.com/cgi-bin/store/cp-app.cgi

A few of the places I haven't been too, but at the K-30 product tour, some of these places were mentioned and said that they stock the K-30.
I know that Camera Craft is supposed to have a nice selection of Pentax things.

If you're looking for something in particular, I'd call these places ahead of time to see if they have/stock it.

Enjoy your stay.
08-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
PJ's has not been a Pentax retailer for the last three years.
Mike
08-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Gezing Quote
PJ's has not been a Pentax retailer for the last three years.
Mike
When I went to the product tour just two weeks ago, they (the Pentax guy who was doing the tour) said that the K-30 was available there.

08-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Central Camera is worth the visit just to see what an old "bricks and mortar" camera store looks like. They had boxes of new old stock Pentax film era accessories that I had a blast looking through. The owner was also nice and gave my wife a flower!

WAY better service than you get in most new sterile stores, who just want to take your money. Also a lot more interesting than the “assembly line” B&H Photo that I also visited in NYC.

Phil.
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Forum Member

Unless there is some new marketing going on Central Camera and Helix don't carry any (modern) Pentax. I live in Chicago and have never been able to put my hands on any Pentax item before purchasing it because NOBODY carries it. I hope this is changing. I wasn't able to go to the Meet n greet thing they did downtown last week. Was it any good?
08-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thebigcat Quote
Unless there is some new marketing going on Central Camera and Helix don't carry any (modern) Pentax. I live in Chicago and have never been able to put my hands on any Pentax item before purchasing it because NOBODY carries it. I hope this is changing. I wasn't able to go to the Meet n greet thing they did downtown last week. Was it any good?
Yeah I don’t think Central Camera had any Pentax digital, I was too busy looking through the boxes of old stuff to notice.

You need to come over to Vancouver, Pentax is sold everywhere and you can play all day!

Phil.
08-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
Camera Craft, (Rockford IL) is about 1hr. Rolling Meadows. Easy to get to from the interstate, (90) East Riverside exit, turn south at light just before McDonalds, and it;s in the strip mall. I posted an image in the critique form titled a dreamy senerio, showing their selection of Pentax Gear.