Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #1

Ok crazy question regarding k10d battery vs. k-r battery

I found a k10d on Craigslist for a good deal and im thinking about buying it for my girlfriend. Sometimes we fight over my k-r and it would be cool if she could grab one of my many lenses and compose her own photos while im doing my thing...

So this CL deal is a little fishy, the guy doesn't have the charger and the battery is dead. I cant buy this thing without checking it out but I don't have a k10d battery, all i have is K-r stuff...

Looking at pictures of k10d batteries on amazon I can see that it looks like the positive and negative terminals are in the same position and the k-r battery may be just about the same size as the k10d battery.

Does anyone know if i could use a k-r battery to power the k10d? Or could i use one of my k-r battery charger to charge the k10d's battery? Any other ideas that would allow me to test this camera?

08-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I honestly don't know the answer to your original question about the charger working- all I can tell you that the only battery from another camera that will work with K10d is K20d.

I agree, this is a little bit fishy that the guy doesn't have a charger if it was his camera... even if he lost it, I expect he'd replace it, even with a cheap off-brand one...
Before you buy, question this guy- ask him some technical questions about the camera (something that he won't be able to google like how many megapixles or whatever). Also, ask for the serial number. And if you're willing, ask why he doesn't have the charger/what happened to it.

If any of his replies sound fishy and if his price is low for a K10d, trust your instincts.
I'm not saying the camera is stolen, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure it isn't.
08-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

You can get plenty of cheap compatible batteries/chargers - look for NP400. Very common and cheap.