Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 02:28 AM   #1

My k100D and Energizer e2's

Hi, first post from a new member..

for some reason my K100D gets indigestion when ever its fed energizer e2's lithium's, whether they be the AA or the CRV3 variety, it pops the shutter on any button in bursts of up to 30 shots or it just locks the mirror up, kind of annoying as this little Pentax eats my rechargeable Energiser AA's in about 100 shots without any issues and being i shoot a lot in bulb, the dark frame subtraction noise reduction reduces battery life substantially...

i like the life expectancy of the CRV3's but my camera's little hissy fits on them are starting to drive me nuts.

i haven't seen any other brands available locally and i don't like the idea of buying dodgy rechargeable Crv3 on eBay..are there any better alternatives at a reasonable price?

01-28-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yes there is a solution to your problem, and we have covered this in other threads. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to say you need to do a search to find the answers. I have the K100D and also the ist DL. I have been using Ray-O-Vac Hybrid AA's in both. The DL I get more shots per recharge than in the K100D but they are cheaper than most Rechargeables. Because of the SR in the K100D battery life is reduced some what with the Hybrid. I have also used the Sonny Eneloop with very good results. With the DL I have gotten on average of 900 shots some times as many as 1500 before I needed to recharge them. With the K100D I have gotten 600 to 700 shots on average.
These two products have an MAH of 2000 and work very, very well in both cameras. they are a battery that is ready to go right out of the pack and can be recharged many, many times. they are designed to hold a charge when not being used for up to one year with only a 20% loss on the shelf.
I have noticed with the K100D When the battery meter shows half if I turn the camera off and leave it off for a few min. The meter will come back to full for about another 50 shots. If your using the flash on more of your shots the batteries will drain quite fast.
Here in the states the price of the Ray-o-Vac will vary from $5.49 for a 4 pack to $8.49 for a 4 pack at Wal-mart. the Eneloop will generally sell for around $14.00 for a 4 pack And both are cheaper than regular rechargeables which can range to $18.00 for 4.
You can do a search on line to find the best price for both, or do a search to find a store locally to find them.