Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #1

Pentax K7 external mic volume

Hello all. Shooting some video with my K7 and using a hotshoe mounted Rode mic. Stupid question maybe, but how do I adjust the sound on the camera? I see the speaker icon but not sure where to adjust the volume for the mic when recording.

Also, anyone else get background noise from external mic? There seems to be a low white noise on video. Any suggestions on how to work around this I appreciate it.

If anyone has worked with this mic feel free to give me pointers for optimal sound. I know there is Gain settings but not sure of the best setting overall.

Thanks so much!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k7, mic, noise, pentax k7, photography, sound, video, volume