Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
You know, it is not that bad to get into M8 at the moment. With something like Zeiss biogon 28/2.8 for about a grand, it comes pretty close to buying this and that with Pentax or Sony or whatever. Sure, you won't be able to get multiple lenses, but so what? You really learn about the footworks of photography, which comes pretty difficult when shooting off with zoom lenses.

Off the subject here a bit, but you cannot just go out and shoot around in random and call it street photography. Cartier-Bresson Would die of excessive laughter.
Please point me in the direction i can find an M8 for anywhere near this price. they still sell for 2-2500 no lens. You'd be hard pressed to find a good M4P with a good lens for a grand, and the M4 is generally the cheapest of the M mount Leicas

I agree with the HCB comment though. Most of what is put out as street photography (most of mine included) is really just street snapshots.
Nailing that truly decisive moment type shot is not easy at all , and requires patience, practice and some luck

08-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Please point me in the direction i can find an M8 for anywhere near this price. they still sell for 2-2500 no lens. You'd be hard pressed to find a good M4P with a good lens for a grand, and the M4 is generally the cheapest of the M mount Leicas

I agree with the HCB comment though. Most of what is put out as street photography (most of mine included) is really just street snapshots.
Nailing that truly decisive moment type shot is not easy at all , and requires patience, practice and some luck
I believe he was referring to the lens only.
08-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I believe he was referring to the lens only.
the lens only makes some sense, but for the price of the m8 alone right now you could probably score the 3 da ltds and a K30 or K5
add in the zeiss and you are approaching the 3 FA ltds with a K5
08-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #34
Veteran Member

K-x and FA28 or Vivitar-19mm 3.8 are what I tend to use... Sometimes the 18-55-kit...

Or my purple Pentax-MG or brown MX with a hooded M-50mm 1.4... But guessing you're only looking at digital...

Crewl1's suggestion of a DA21 would get my vote and make the K20 'seem' smaller...

08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Q is very good for street photography.
The only thing against it is sensor size snobbery.

Here is a real world user review I did.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/194467-pentax-q-real-world-user-review.html

IMO, the only real weakness of this camera is poor low light AF.