Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #1

K100d- Not Taking Pictures

I'm not sure if the camera is defective, or if Im doing something wrong, so I thought I'd run it by the forum before I contact Pentax. I bought this right before Christmas, and as of yet, it still has very little use. But lately, when I turn it on, it will focus and flash, and do everything it supposed to do when taking a picture. But then nothing shows up on the the lcd screen, and when I go to review pictures, there is blank spaces where there should be pictures. In other words, it will show that I have 5-10- or 20 pictures, but it's all just black screen.

Funny thing is, after trying to reset everything, I finally came across the lens cleaning function (this is not the Super, it's not supposed to be there). When I opt for this in the menu, turn the camera off and on again, it starts taking pictures properly. Weird, huh? But if I turn it off and on a second time, I'm back to getting blank screens for shots. Any ideas?

01-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did you upgrade the firmware with a version for the wrong model? (Is that even possible?)
01-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You're still in the warranty period. Either send it in for repair or demand an exchange.
01-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
baw

Before sending your camera in i'd try another card.
Make sure to format the card(s) IN THE CAMERA. (Set-up menu)
Also Reset the camera to factory defaults (Set-up menu)
Now set the dial on top of the camera to Auto Pict, and see what happens.

01-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
Forum Member

Lens claening function? Isn't that suposed to be the sensor cleaning function? I think that just locks the mirror up so you can manually claen the sensor. I think your camera is fine just make sure to disable that function or turn it off.