Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
New Member
johnw's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rainhill
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20
Stolen istD and lenses

My partner has had her bag stolen from a train while visiting France, the bag contained the following photographic equipment:

PENTAX *istD Digital SLR Serial #: 5764711
SMC PENTAX-DA 1:3.5 18mm ~ 1:5.6 55mm AL II Serial #: 6258399
TAMRON AF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 Di LD Macro Serial #: 047516

Any help with recovering the items much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

08-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
victordeamorin's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lyon area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 205
Hi John,
Sorry to hear about your friend. It's a very long shot but you might want to check on Petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr (the most popular French classifieds site).
Also it might end up in some kind of pawn shop, in this case it might help to know between which cities the bag was stolen.
Good luck,
Victor from France
08-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,875
That is terrible
I think there is also some website that checks photos posted online if they match the stolen camera's info, so if the thief uses it and posts online you might have a chance of finding it.
08-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
New Member
johnw's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rainhill
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by victordeamorin Quote
Hi John,
Sorry to hear about your friend. It's a very long shot but you might want to check on Petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr (the most popular French classifieds site).
Also it might end up in some kind of pawn shop, in this case it might help to know between which cities the bag was stolen.
Good luck,
Victor from France
Thanks Victor, much appreciated.

John

08-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
New Member
johnw's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rainhill
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
That is terrible
I think there is also some website that checks photos posted online if they match the stolen camera's info, so if the thief uses it and posts online you might have a chance of finding it.
Yes I've found the site but nothing showing yet, I'll keep checking back, thanks for the reply.

John
08-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
Billgscott's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York
Posts: 237
QuoteOriginally posted by johnw Quote
My partner has had her bag stolen from a train while visiting France, the bag contained the following photographic equipment:

PENTAX *istD Digital SLR Serial #: 5764711
SMC PENTAX-DA 1:3.5 18mm ~ 1:5.6 55mm AL II Serial #: 6258399
TAMRON AF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 Di LD Macro Serial #: 047516

Any help with recovering the items much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John
I don't think you will get your kit back sadly but, check your household insurance, it might all be covered under that. Or if you have one of these Bank issued travel insurance policy.

Bill
08-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member
DaveHolmes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,501
I know it sounds an odd thing to say but I hope this happened near the beginning of your trip... To have lost photo's of the entire trip would be much worse...

Hoping your insurance pays out!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bag, camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lenses stolen in Europe - 43, 85/2.2 & 17-70 Paul Ewins Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 06-08-2011 03:45 AM
Stolen camera & lenses philippe General Talk 15 02-04-2009 01:57 AM
What makes the *istD so good with MF lenses? germar Pentax Film SLR Discussion 9 12-03-2008 04:57 PM
istD and M42 lenses focusing question. awo425 Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 11-21-2008 03:32 AM
How do I use flash with M lenses on the *istD Ole Pentax DSLR and Camera Articles 9 05-16-2007 02:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top